700E V2 pics from the field

Westy

LEGEND
MEAN!!!!!

those main blades look awesome!
what is that device comeing out of the ESC? is that a spark arrestor? if so ... how do I make one!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Hey thanks :)

Nope that's a cap pack for my esc. All good esc companies strongly recommend, that of you have wires from your battery to your esc more than 12-13 inches, you need to put a capacitor pack. Castle makes one .. It's straight so not very easy to hook up.. This is by YGE. It's the yge7..

It's to reduce ripple and esr caused by large draw of current and too long of a wire. One of my 6 packs that sits in the front.. The wires are about 16 inches to it ..

So that's what it is :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
Yeah that is what I call a "Spark Arrestor" as it trickle feeds the voltage into the caps first and thus Arrests a spark from occuring which causes batt terminals to arc out and fail.

How much did it cost? where did you get it?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nothing spark arresting about it. I see a huge bang every time I plug it in. Good that I have ec5 connector so it's contained within a casing.. But I see a big blue bang everything lol

These are yge7's I think I got them from elektrorc

28 bucks shipped :)

Tony

Staff member
Yup, when you hook up the battery, not only is it having to instantly fill the caps on the ESC, but now, the caps on that board as well. As stated, it's an instantaneous charge and just helps with keeping the voltage going to the ESC in the event there is a very high draw on the system.

Westy

LEGEND
how much are they? and where do you get em from ... I want one! or I want to make one? can you send me some specs and photos?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Two posts above .... ;)

They are about 28 bucks if you get those I have . From elektrorc

Or you can find castle cap pack.. They are premade. Just need soldering on. Check out both.

Westy

LEGEND
Ok cheers, I am wanting to build a Spark eliminator pack for mine as I have seen people have total melt downs from carbonised batt connectors from Arcing. so this pack you have and an eliminator circuit will be the ticket eliminate this.

Top Bottom