500 550e 3gx Servo Issue

Graham Lawrie

Hi Guys,
Tried a maiden today and at spool up the elevator servo started to drop on its own.
On spool down it returned to level.

I put throttle hold on and checked all stick movements and all directions are correct, including the tail, and correction direction.

I have gone through the 3gx dir setup several times with tx settings all as should be. All looks fine then spool up and elevator drop??

Any suggestions most welcome. Video to follow:)

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony.
Yes I did. It's a weird one. I am going to sleep on it. My plan is to go through the whole thing one more time.

I thought it might be the swash mix and servo reverse function. But I have varied them and just had everything go as you would expect with nothing working correctly.
Everything is correct direction except when I spool up.

I am wondering now if I have been in DIR mode correctly when doing ccpm set up.

Will try again when I get a free moment this week.
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Just hold the Set button when you plug the heli in and wait for the lights to start counting down. As they are counting down, before they get to the end, release the Set button and you are in DIR mode. In there you can set your sub trims.

Make sure when you are ready to fly you plug it in on the ground, or you let it sit on the ground for a minute or two while the swash levels it's self back out.

If it's still doing that, which my 600N did on a spool up and ended up hitting the blades on the ground, you can use some cyclic to help correct it. But, it may be very unpredictable in the air. Because of this, I do not suggest this, but it did work for me. Do this at your own risk.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Graham Lawrie

Went back to the start and created new model on TX and then went through the set up. All seems fine now, only had a small window of dry yesterday, so it was a short spool up and hover.

The tail is wanting to go to the right so I still have the gain to sort, when the rain stops..... should be round about June??:)

Top Bottom