550 Hex w/gothelirc gimbal

jdjeff

I was posting some power related questions in the multirotor threads and Tony asked me to post some vids of the machine in question when I can. I'm new to brushless gimbals (and hex's for that matter) so this is basically a test video also to check my camera settings. There is a little drift of the gimbal with respect to horizon.

One of the things I noticed be only accustomed to flying a quad FPV, is how different this hex behaves in flight. I can almost feel the weight of it staggering around my back yard. I guess the term is pucker factor.

Hex testing brushless gimbal - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
That is a really good looking hex right there. Now all you need, is some goggles lol.

jdjeff

Yeah...that's on the list. I was trying to increase flight times up for that very reason. I was using the 8000mah battery during the video. And sadly, I don't think it's going to improve my times all that much. That was one of 3 flights to break in the new battery. I flew the battery to 3.9 volts in 4.5 minutes. The good news is, I increased the wire size like we discussed and the new battery isn't puffing up. ESC's and motors are only slightly warm.

pvolcko

yeah, that's an impressive piece of kit right there. Nice flying. I'd be nervous as all get out with all those pole wires around me. :)

Top Bottom