500 500 Pro Dfc Tail bounce

Slobberdog

Well flying last night in the hall to run a couple of batteries down and doing static orientations I noticed that on nose left manoeuvres my tail is perfect and on nose right manoeuvers it bounces on stopping,

tried setting up as per manual
and in rate mode

and still have the issue, tail system is smooth as silk,

Think its now time to upgrade this FBL and get a Brain.......

Slobberdog

Update....

Brain Ordered.....

Now the Wait.........

I want it nnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooowwwwwwwww............

Slobberdog

Dude I am fed up with the little issues I keep on seeing and hearing on the 3gx so in a respect it had to be done, now might have to download the software and have a look before I install it,

Will be in my grubby hands tomorrow so looking forward to it,

Nice to have self level as well might give me the safety net I need to progress a bit more,

holtneil

Hi Slobberdog , sorry i am a bit slow on uptake but what have you ordered i am having lots of little problems on 3GX i cant run v5 , when i run 3.1 its flys nice and smooth but v5 i get tail kick, tail wag ,tail bounce etc i did today have it flying for a while and was great but by the 3rd battery tail kick was back but i had to set up as hard core but i cant fly that well , my mate in scotland had same on a 700 and has now got it on a kbar and all his problems went , shame i do like the 3gx it a realy nice easy to set up gyro

Slobberdog

Neil I have gone for the Ikon or MSH Brain, the 3gx is very temperamental I have been flying this for months the way it is probably, you don't tend to notice the bounce unless you move and stop abruptly,

Anyway I have tried setting it up as described by Coolice (Ian) and it still did the same, many people are reporting problems on the 500 and tbh being my flag ship heli I don't want to take a chance that's why I have gone for the Ikon,

People are reporting tail problems on V5 that they did not have on other versions and problems with having to run the cyclic gains at max to get it hold right, I have V5 on my 450 and it works good but the whole thing does not inspire me with confidence,

But soon I will not have to worry anymore........

Graham Lawrie

You will LOVE the brain Kev:). It is super easy super stable and soooo userl friendly:) I know it's extra but app and Ian Contessas dongle are a must:)

holtneil

Hi mate can you let me know how you get on please ,can you give me a link to where you got it from if possible

Top Bottom