500 500 Huey build thread

idon'tknow!

rc-help EXPERT.......????
just going to post some photo's of what my 500 looks like now, and then some photo's of what I wasn't it to look like, however I could use some suggestions on to which paint I should use. Here are some photo's of the 500 right now... and some photo's of what I want it to look like. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...mphibious_assault_ship_USS_Bataan_(LHD_5).jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Hueyin.jpg

Stay posted, for when I get some more photo's along with the fuselage!

user176590_pic85455_1365451181.jpg

user176590_pic85456_1365451221.jpg

Which Huey do you want to build? Defence force one, or a civilian version or I think the coast gaurd also had one at some stage.
I have to admit i'm keen to do the same thing!!
But need to finish learning to fly properly haha
Can't wait to see more of your build

idon'tknow!

Would be nice, but it might be tough to do the camo pattern. But who know's I might be able to do it, reason I had gray as the first option is because Ii already have a few different cans of gray/silver spray paint. But i will look into it, thanks for suggesting it!

It's ok... I'm just biased and wanted the aussie military colour!! hahaha
The other one I'd like was the defence force amublance colour. basically the grey with the red cross on it

idon'tknow!

Where are you getting the fuse from? Have you checked out the ones from Home - RC Aerodyne | Scale RC Helicopters, Airplanes & Parts Store RC Aerodyne have some awesome scale builds.
My first scale heli will probably be a Huey too. Its my favourite heli.

Ive checked them out but, found out that helidirect (which is only a 40 minute drive from me) carries a belt drive version, it comes unpainted (I could get painted if I cared) here's the link to it HeliArtist 500 H1 Fiber Glass Fuselage (White) (HA500UH1002) - HeliDirect -- Best Customer I like the huey, butIi like the black hawk better, but for 2X+ the cost of the Huey, and the sad fact that it came with a TT raised tail, it only left the old Huey as the fuselage to get. My top top favorite bird is the MI-24 hind gunship, it's one of those giant heli's I just can't say no to... lol/

I agree with you Lee, it's one of my favs as well.
It's just an iconic bird!
same here one of my favorites, but not top of the list.

idon'tknow!

Sorry to inform you all, but I opted out of getting a Huey. The reason for it is after looking up some threads I found the belt raised tail system was junk, and also, I found myself saying to myself "120$ for a piece of fiber glass!" So what am I thinking of doing with all the dough I was about to use on it and some other stuff? Well I think I will get a MCPX Bl, nice little bird, after that I might sell the 500 and get something like a compass 7HV, or similar. So yes the serge to go scale is over, for the present, it just wasn't working smoothly, I still love scale birds a ton.

- - - Updated - - -

just going to post some photo's of what my 500 looks like now, and then some photo's of what I wasn't it to look like, however I could use some suggestions on to which paint I should use. Here are some photo's of the 500 right now... and some photo's of what I want it to look like. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...mphibious_assault_ship_USS_Bataan_(LHD_5).jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/49/Hueyin.jpg

Stay posted, for when I get some more photo's along with the fuselage!

Canceled, do to some further info.

Lee

Shame, we need some scale birds around here. But then again, a shiny new 7HV will go down just as well.

idon'tknow!

Shame, we need some scale birds around here. But then again, a shiny new 7HV will go down just as well.

Who, knows plans might change again, but for the present it will not happen, I may still go scale with the 500, I really don't know, but I like the idea of the 7HV better.

Top Bottom