450 +5 pitch at midstick, now what? And hk450 linkage rode too short...

maaloufixe

After finishing building this kit, i was trying to adjust the lenght of the linkage, well they are too short comparing to trex 450 manual, and i have + 5 pitch at mid stick.
Now what? Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
At mid stick, make sure your pitch curve is set at 50%. Once there, you need to put your servo arms at 90º to the links. Once that is done, see where your pitch is. +5º at mid stick, if your servo arms are at 90º to the links means your swash is too high. If this is the HK450GT, then download THIS MANUAL and put the links at the length they state in the manual. If it's a different heli, let me know by posting a picture, or even better, a link to the actual kit you purchased.

Westy

LEGEND
Also .... Look at the swash in comparison to the head block as high as the swash can go ... and the bearing block ... as low as it can go. while at 50% collective/throttle ..... you should be equidistant (same gap)... this will give you an approximate place to start .....

maaloufixe

I did it, i lowered the swashplate by 2 turns each linkage, and now got zero pitch. Tanks guyz..
Should i do blade tracking or logicly they should be equal because of the pitch setup...

Tony

Staff member
Now that you are at 0º pitch, you need to check full positive and full negative. If they are the same (on BOTH blades) then you are done as long as you have about 11º of collective and 8º of cyclic in both directions.

However, if you do not have the same collective pitch up and down, then there is some more adjusting to do. If you have more positive pitch, then you need to lower the swash. If you have more negative, then you need to raise the swash. Once you do that and both are as close as you can get it, go back and set the Tx at mid stick and use the blade grip links to reach 0º of pitch again. Then again, do the full collective up and down and make sure you have the same number positive and negative.

It can take a couple hours to properly setup a head, but it's worth it and I HIGHLY suggest it.

Tony

Staff member
Collective is the left stick up and down. Cyclic is the right stick or aileron and elevaor.

Westy

LEGEND
Ok i'll check it tonight, just a question... I know it's a bit odd but what do u mean by collective and cyclic?

what Tony is meaning... is using your swash menu...... adjust your PITCH % so you get +11 at top stick and -11 at bottom stick (with your pitch qauge) .... and then at mid stick on the throttle stick .... move your aileron fully say to the left and you should set your AIL % to get + or -8 degrees .... whatever you get as a percentage on your AIL ..... match your ELE % so they are both even

Slobberdog

Westy, are you on about in swash mix and dropping or raising the value from +60 or -60 to get 8 degrees

maaloufixe

Is it possible to setup the pitch without the swash mix. Now after trying many times, i have zero pitch at mid stick bith blades,,, and 7.5 both blade at high position... So i'm done?

Tony

Staff member
What do you have full negative? Make sure your pitch curve is 0 25 50 75 100 to get full negative pitch. You will ONLY use swash mix to reverse aileron, elevator or collective pitch, and to set the TOTAL pitch on cyclic and collective.

maaloufixe

everything is set according to tony's video's ... i didnt touch the swash mix. it's +60 -60 +60 because aileron was reversed. negative pitch -8 positive +8 but when i use the pitch gauge everytime is different, u know your eyes, your position so maybe ~+- 1 or 1.5 degree between blades.

Tony

Staff member
1º difference is okay, but anything more should be corrected. I think you need just a little more than 8º of collective pitch though. I would take that up to about 10º. To do this, just raise the Pitch from +60 to where ever you need it. Sounds like you are about ready to put this heli in the air. Since you are ONLY doing basic flying, the pitch difference will not matter too much. It's pretty close.

Tony

Staff member
I feel ya there Kev. I want to take that 600 out and just flip it over when I get my gaskets, but I know I shouldn't lmao. Just thinking about it makes my heart rate raise lmao.

Slobberdog

hey Tony flipping it over is easy, lol doing it with control is what i would have the problem with, he he he,

Westy

LEGEND
I hear ya! .... it is a heart pumping exercise..... having the nerve in the first instance and holding it there in the second..... I can only stomach 10 - 15 seconds ..... and have flip her over again to let my heart and nerves calm down..... LOL

Top Bottom