DIY 4Power + Plus PDB

Derek

I just received my new PDB board for my quad project. I'm just looking for clarification.

Here is the PDF manual:

http://www.getfpv.com/media/wysiwyg/product-user-manuals/Lumenier-4POWER-Plus-Manual.pdf

I see where the positive and negative esc leads solder on....in the corners. Simple enough. There are some smaller pads, between the esc leads....is that where I solder the signal wire for the esc? I'm using Little Bee esc's....these are OPTO, so there are only black and white wires coming from the esc. Then, do I run another wire from the S1, S2, S3, and S4 pads (on the left side) to the 1, 2, 3, 4 pads on my flight controller?

Thanks in advance!

Tony

Staff member
You know me, I have to poke you a little bit. PDB is Power Distribution Board. So you called it a Power Distribution Board Board :chuckles: I had to hahaha.

That is correct, the small pad in the middle of the corners is the signal wires for the ESC's and are directly connected to the 4 pads that go to the signal wires on teh flight controller for motors 1-4. Since they are opto ESC's, negative is the same as the common negative and there is no need for the red wire so you can reduce things down to a single wire.

That is a nice PDB!

Derek

Lol....i didnt even notice that i said PDB board. Too funny!

So, if the signal wire gets soldered to that small pad in the middle of the esc leads, what do i do with the black wire?

Tony

Staff member
Nothing I would imagine. It should be wired directly to the main black lead for the ESC. You can peel back one of the coverings to verify, or do a resistance test between the large and small black wire to make sure they are on the same circuit which I imagine they are. If they are not, then you should just be able to solder them together.

Top Bottom