General 450l build complete

shur

finally got the time to do the 3gx setup so its ready to fly, i think.

i did let it spool up out back on the porch and it seems fine, a little drift to the right whit the tail but dont think it will keep doing that since it stops after a sec and then seem to hold steady but ill know when i take it up for the first time =O)

now a few questions, i dont have to do any kind of setup on the esc do i?
if the tail keeps drifting to the right what should i change then?

im sure this will be a long thread of questions from me so thanks alot in advance from a beginner pilot that is more then a little nervous about the first flight.
and sorry for the bad english.

regards Jonas from Sweden

stokke

Hei Jonas!

There should be no need to program the ESC.

If the heli moves it's tail during spool up it's usually because your tail blades are not centered up - this is just the gyro correcting the angle. However if the tail starts to spin during spool up, it's most likely reversed tail gyro settings.

Last tip: Remember where the throttle hold is, and make sure it's programmed correctly - flicking this switch should be second nature when seeing signs of trouble :D

Good luck neighbor!

shur

so another problem, the motor wont start moving until im at 30% on the stick. im guessing its the esc that needs to know my end points but the manual is a bit tricky on this. any advice on how to do this?

jonas

flysolo

so another problem, the motor wont start moving until im at 30% on the stick. im guessing its the esc that needs to know my end points but the manual is a bit tricky on this. any advice on how to do this?

jonas

Did you do the throttle calibration of the 3gx?

Tony

Staff member
Try turning on your Tx and raising the throttle all the way up. Plug in the helicopter and wait for the first set of beeps (you may have to do this a few times). Once you hear teh beeps, lower the throttle all the way down. This should calibrate the esc to your sticks.

shur

will i then have to do all the following settings on the esc aswell or can i just pull the power again after that?

thanks for the answers, jonas

Tony

Staff member
Once you lower the stick, the ESC will initialize as usual. You can then pull the power if you wish.

shur

so redid the esc settings and did a endpoint setting again in the 3gx settings and its still the same, motor starts reving up when i hit the line marking after the bottom one if this makes any sense to you guys.

is this the way it should be or is there something wrong?

jonas

Tony

Staff member
Mine is on the 3rd mark as well. But, the stick can't go to the bottom two marks.

shur

im using a dx6i so i have 1 mark under the low stick position, then i move it up to the third mark before the motor starts, it just feels like it should start sooner since the pitch starts right when you start moving the stick, just feels off.

jonas

Tony

Staff member
Try lowering your trim on the throttle and see if that helps. Do this with the button to the right of the throttle stick. If it's not in the middle, try it there first. Then, lower as needed.

shur

ill try that sometime during the day when i have some time over.
the esc is setup for softstart aswell but when it does start there is nothing soft at all about it, can it be some problem whit that?

jonas

Tony

Staff member
Are you running the Align ESC? If so, you may have changed a setting in the gyro. It should spool up quite slowly.

cml001

ESC should have its defaults outta the box.. Them manual has instructions on stick programing.

Tony

Staff member
Can you post a video of what it's doing? if you have set all of the settings for slow start, then it should be working.

Top Bottom