450 450 wont spool up

hawk-i

Hey guys having an issue with a 450 clone I was wondering if anyone else has had. Seems that from 0 to around 1/3 throttle spools up fine. anything after that and motor takes a nose dive .replaced esc with an align 35 amp same results. Replaced receiver same thing. Replaced motor same results. Throttle curve is linear. At wot it will cycle as in try to spool up for just a second but die down on and off. Any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
You didn't say what Tx you are using. This sounds like a calibration issue. Have you tried calibrating your ESC to your TX?

1. Turn on the Tx and raise to full throttle
2. plug in helicopter and wait for initialization beeps (take all blades off before this)
3. Once initialization beeps are heard, lower throttle all the way down.
4. The ESC should arm as usual and you should have full throttle.

Make sure you are on a linear throttle curve (0-100, straight line) when you do the calibration.

hawk-i

Thanks Tony . I am using a dx6 tx . it's 11:00 pm but I got to try this . I'll let you know how it went

Smoggie

If you still have problems after calibrating the ESC throttle range then it sounds like a bad battery. If either the battery is not fully charged or if it's old and tired or faulty then it will cause exactly this type of behavior. Often with an old/tired battery you will see some 'puffing' as evidence of its poor condition, but you dont always get this.

2WheelNut

Hey guys,
I see that this is an old post but I'm kinda new to FBLs. I just went through the 3GX setup and think I now need to recalibrate the throttle to get the ESC to arm. I can set the low throttle to 133% to get it to arm, but won't a recalibrate take care of this? Anyway, how do you calibrate the ESC with the 3GX? The ESC expects a high pulse on power up (ie. full throttle) to enter calibration mode, but it seems like the ESC is not receiving that and is doing a fast red light flash with the 3GX. Do I need to do a reconfigure on the wiring like I found one video on a calibration with a AR7200BX? This requires another power source, a special cable (throttle cable with voltage removed) so that the FBL can boot up and then you can apply voltage with the FBL outputting the high pulse. Is this necessary? This is a pain since I'm working with a 450 Pro DFC and the 3GX is buried. I would likely need to remove the tail servo to get to the wires in the 3GX.

Tony

Staff member
I would leave your throttle settings at 133% for low stick and recalibrate your ESC. I have not run into this issue so I may be missing something.

2WheelNut

I now understand your confusion. It would have gone into calibration mode had I adjusted the high throttle point higher to begin with. Got her all calibrated. Thanks!

Tony

Staff member
Sweet. yea, like I said, I had never had this issue but figured that you could just leave your low throttle at 133 and high at 100 and just did a recalibration and it should work. Glad it did. Now all we need is some flight videos :chuckles:

Top Bottom