450 SE V2 Crash. Attack Of The Clone Strikes AGAIN!!!

Slobberdog

Lots of deals like this coming up lately over here lots of people converting to fbl,

Genuine Align T Rex 450 SE Rotorhead and Swashplate, will fit most 450 Helis.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, but that is like putting a diamond into a dog turd. Just not worth it on a clone.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Did you have all the screws that hold the flybar in place fully tightened and threadlocked?

concept30

you only suppose to threadlock metal to metal, not mental to plastic, just saying, i have the flybar and the hex bolt that does in the fly bar doesnt get tight for some reason

Lee

Whats spinning? The flybar or the paddles? Stick a bit more CA on the threads of the flybar before screwing on the paddles, but be quick to get them parallel before it sets :D

john2012

Banned
Well tony you may want to try this as a remedy where your flybar cage get your dremel and put a little slot in your flybar and locktite the set screw and then try it just a thought tony

Tony

Staff member
There is no set screw in this flybar paddle. It's just plastic. And it is just the flybar paddles spinning, not the rod it's self. I do think I got lucky with this one though, even though I crashed, I see no damage. But, wont' be able to test that theory for a long while. Cant' even get to the helicopter to test it.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I remember there were paddles available for my exi back when I had it , they had set screws through the flybar paddles. See if you can find those.. All you'll need is a flat spot.

CA like said above is great ofcourse too

12 degrees of cyclic is A LOT! Lol

That means on one side at full collective and cyclic you are at 24degrees pitch!! A LOT! :)

May be its too much for the paddles.

john2012

Banned
Hey just found a set of paddles that i had for my 400 class heli and i think i have the rod also but i didn't use either one on my 400 class the flybar rod looks like it is the same size as the 450 but i will check. The paddles do have a set screw in. yes tony i do have the flybar paddles with the set screw and they fit on my flybar on my t-rex 450 sport

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I remember there were paddles available for my exi back when I had it , they had set screws through the flybar paddles. See if you can find those.. All you'll need is a flat spot.

CA like said above is great ofcourse too

12 degrees of cyclic is A LOT! Lol

That means on one side at full collective and cyclic you are at 24degrees pitch!! A LOT! :)

May be its too much for the paddles.

I know it's a lot, I'm trying to make it a lot lmao. I guess I could take the weights off the flybar. I just realized that the weights are all the way out on the flybar making the heli hella stable. But not agile at all. I may take them off and give it a shot. Might crash next time and I'm sure I won't be as lucky with no damage. But again, it's going to be a while because there is 25' of stuff in front of them. Same with my 600. Yes, I would fly it just to have something to fly.

Tony you could put some CA on the thread and screw on the Paddles

I might try this if I can't find a decent deal on some carbon fiber flybar paddles.

Tony

Staff member
400 paddles are smaller than 450 paddles. So less surface area. It would be like putting 500 size tail blades on my 600. Thanks though.

Ken Jackson

Loose those paddles. I had some of those and they will never stay put. You basically wedge them against the bracket. Get some real paddles that have set screws and you won't be talking about them anymore. Also putting better parts on a clone is never a bad ideal. My 500 was an EXI, belt drive, flybar. It is now 85% Align, torque tube, DFC. The motor is a Scorpion and I am using a EFlight ESC.

Use a clone to get started cheaper but as you crash and buy parts make them Align and soon enough it won't be a clone anymore. You won't hurt the clone putting better parts on it, LOL I had enough crashes because I was buying clone parts.

Ken

Tony

Staff member
That is what I plan on doing. I need to keep this one a flybar heli, so might as well do it with the right parts.

john2012

Banned
Well Tony i have the paddles for the 400 class heli and i have compaired them to the t-rex 450 and they ars the same size and the same contour, and the flybar does screw into the paddle

Tony

Staff member
Depends on what kind of heli you have. If it's an HK450GT (Align 450 SE V2), then it's not worth it. I don't know of a boom block that will work on that thing. but, if it's a pro design, then you will just need a new front block, tail boom, TT shaft and bearing, rear block and the gears. As for a video, I don't have one. But it should be a direct swap if it's a Pro design.

Top Bottom