450 450 pro FBL main blades

cn63bug

So I was wondering what you guys would suggest for how tight my main blades should be? Right now, it's set at the shake and they then droop. But, I have heard that they should be tighter for a FBL. When I first put the blades on the head, they were ridiculously tight, to the point that they were very hard to move even by hand. It's an Align head and Align 325D Pro blades (not 3G). Any thoughts?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
for a 450 blades should just tight enough to hold their own weight when you stretch them out and hold the heli sideways.

If they droop themselves.. then too loose.

How tight.. ?

A little jerk holding the heli sideways should make the blades drop .. dont have to drop all the way.. just even if they move and drop say half way down.. is enough .. I mean to say there is no orecise tightness on torque how much you gotta have.. thats the ball park.. but definitelyt support their own weight

REGARDLESS FLYBARLESS or FLYBARRED.. Lot of speculations about a lot of things. basics dont change. :)

cn63bug

That's what I was thinking, but had some doubts based on what I've heard with flybarless. Like I said, when I first installed the blades and new grips, they were way too tight. I have worked with them enough so that they are that tight anymore. I had some vibrations the other day while it was in the air and was thinking that the blades were too tight. I pulled the head off during the weekend and went through it all again and didn't find anything suspect. And right now, I don't do anything remotely 3Dish. Still getting hovering down.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
too tight : vibrations
TOO loose : Vibrations :)

So if they were way too tight when you built it and they have wore themsleves looser.. that might not be loose enough . you dont have to crank the blade grip down. Let loctite and nylon nut do its work. Tighten only till , like i said before, the blades hold their weight easy.

cn63bug

Well, everything is smooth as butter now ;)
Vibrations are gone and she was silky smooth in the air. And it doesn't feel like I'm going to break the blades folding them out and then folding them back in. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, everything is smooth as butter now ;)
Vibrations are gone and she was silky smooth in the air. And it doesn't feel like I'm going to break the blades folding them out and then folding them back in. :)

Top Bottom