450 450 Pro dfc torque tube front gear notchy

pj1969

Just wondered if anybody has come across this before?? I had to change my front torque tube drive gear, as when i was adjusting tracking, it decided to fail and spin on the shaft. Luckily i keep spares, but have noticed a notchy feel to the gear every rotation when i replace the housing, always seems to be in the same place. I'm kinda thinking that the bearings are slightly out of line or have a slight bend to them?? I have tried ALIGN gears, clone gears, but still the same. The only way i have found to fix it, is to remove one of the bearings from the housing, so i am only using 1 on the gear shaft, instead of how it shows you in the manual and using 2. I'll be honest the clone gears seem a lot better than the align ones lol. I'm going to order some new bearings and gears just in case, but just wondered if anyone else had this issue?????

Tony

Staff member
The clone gears are complete crap. If a fly hits the blades it will strip out. Get the black gears and call it done.

You need to check your gear mesh on the tail gears just like you do with the main gear. Watch my "How to properly build a clone" video to see how I check the mesh on the gears.

pj1969

Thanks Tony, it was the black ones that failed lol, I found in this instance that he clone ones better fitting. Yes the plastic is a little softer, but my local suppliers are out of stock. I'm having to wait till they get some more in. I can still fly, as ice only put one bearing in and it's running free with no notchiness or play.

Top Bottom