450 450 pro dfc pitch help please

Tony

Staff member
Your swash is too high. Since this is a flybarless head, the "swash too high, swash too low" doesn't come into play.

If you are running the 3GX, go back into DIR mode and set all your servos to 90º to the links. Make sure all links are the same length, then check the level of the swash. If your arms are too high, you will have more negative pitch, if they are too low, you will have more positive pitch. They need to be right in the middle, or exactly 90º. Once that is done, put your pitch curve to linear and set exactly 0º at mid stick. Then set 11º of pitch both positive and negative.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

pj1969

Thanks Tony, I'm using a TAROT zyx 3 axis FBL unit, I don't have it linked up to a computer as I USDA MacBook and the software is windows based. I'm going to try something later, the DFC and 450 pro main shafts are different sizes, pro being around 6mm longer, that's what the other head was on before I put the align one on.its a long shot, but got to try something, last night it was a right handful to fly, did one pack and came back. It's just confusing as I'm getting +10-11*

Tony

Staff member
+10 and -11 is okay, it's a little high off, but is doable. And yes, the DFC shaft is quite a bit shorter than the other shaft. My DFC head is almost hitting my anti-rotation bracket on my 450 lmao.

pj1969

I think I have found the issue, the bird was originally set up with the TAROT FBL unit and normal size shaft, when I have changed to the align head and shorter shaft it must not recognize the different shaft?? I quickly put the old head and shaft on last night and will test fly her tonight. Do you think I will have to re-set the TAROT to the align head and shaft?? She flys so nice with the old head and shaft on and I get no tail wonder.

john2012

Banned
yep that's the way mine is im at 45/47.5/50/75/100 and my other i normal 0 25 50 75 100 and mine lifts at just past half way of mid stick

- - - Updated - - -

also on my 450 dfc with the program that is in kit i have looked for the change from normal to reverse and in does not have a kind of switch there it has the bar and it goes from 0 to 100 help this is all i see in the program

pj1969

Well finally got out last night to test her, first pack she was shaking all over the place, so put her down and checked everything, thought grips had a bit of play and noticed one blade was quite tight compared to the other, so blades off and tightened feathering shaft and fitted blades a littl looser. Set T C to 0-40-65-65-65 and PC to 0-46-48-50-65-90. 2nd pack and she took off just after 1st mark past mid, feeling loads better and the shakes had gone. Played about with TC & PC and adjusted gyro to 60-40 and did 3 more packs, she's fly's sweet now, completely different to when the DFC shaft was in. I noticed a slight bit of vibration when was landing her, but I'm thinking that's slight play in main bearings and I think the new main shaft isn't 100% true, so will replace those this weekend and she should be 100%. THanks for all the tips guys.

Top Bottom