450 450 pro dfc pitch help please

pj1969

ive forgoten how to change my bird's pitch!!!! i have done it before but cant for the life of remeber how i did it. I've noticed that she only takes off about 3/4 stick. I've set pitch to -7 low stick, 0* mid and 10 high stick. I really want her to be off the ground just after mid, how do i set it please guys.

Slobberdog

Raise your pitch curve at centre stick, I have mine at 50-52-60-80-100 in normal mode for me learning as I find it does not drop to drastically around mid stick, my idle up curve is linear

pj1969

yeah that didnt work, could it be i have the throttle curve to low??? i have it 0-25-50-75-100 and pitch curve is now L 50-53-60-80-100 and she not taking off till 2nd little white notch after mid stick. just dont figure why she aint taking off.

Slobberdog

The Align throttle curve is something like 0-40-65-85-100 I think, I use 0-40-60-80-100 but I have had it at 0-40-70-70-70 for normal mode

pj1969

Thats something to go on, i'll have a quick look see what the manual says. Feel really awkward flying it 3/4 stick. Thanks for input Kev :)

pj1969

Yeah, i used too and my pals 450 pro does too. Must be something else, thats where the RC-help buddies will leave comments underneath HINT HINT lol

Lee

I would run your TH curve at 0,45,75,75,75
Your pitch should be always 50%, 0º at mid stick then linear above. Below should be slight negative of around -2º to keep the heli stationary on spool up, especially in windy conditions.
Hope this helps

Lee

Kev. If you set your Pitch curve as you have, once you start using Idle up/Stunt which is a linear curve 0 through 100, you heli will drop abruptly. Thats why in every mode, pitch curve should be 50% mid stick 75% and 100%. Helps to avoid those sweaty palm moments when you flip that ID switch :D

pj1969

Hey Lee good to hear from you, cheers mate will try those settings tomoz. Shall I adjust my swash or links to get less -pitch?? I want to raise it don't I? Give me less -?? Hope your well mate.

- - - Updated - - -

Just one more, if my pitch is 50-50-75-100 won't that make it plunge to the ground when go down stick (shut throttle off) or have I got it wrong?? Don't wana get sucked to the ground heavily.

Lee

No you shouldn't touch the links if you set it up originally with a linear curve. This would have given you something like -10º, 0º, +10º
All the pitch adjustment is done in the radio by changing the pitch curve percentage.

Lee

50% is 0º so no it won,t make it plummet. 0% will cause thats -10/11º pit h

Lee

The best pitch curve for learning is 47,48,50,75,100.
The lower two numbers as i said earlier give you slight negative pitch. Which is necessary in wind to hold the heli down on spool up, and to allow you to descend in wind. If you have no negative pitch and the wind gets up, your heli will just fly away LOL :D

Slobberdog

Kev. If you set your Pitch curve as you have, once you start using Idle up/Stunt which is a linear curve 0 through 100, you heli will drop abruptly. Thats why in every mode, pitch curve should be 50% mid stick 75% and 100%. Helps to avoid those sweaty palm moments when you flip that ID switch :D

Yeah thanks Lee, not got any plans to go idle up on this yet, just got to set up to be easy to hover and move around mid stick, and not gonna see to much wind either, thinking back to the other night though it did take a fair bit of effort in a 10mph wind to get it to land on the pad I had,

Will put it back down to 46-48-50-75-100 and see what it's like now I have a bit more feel for it,

pj1969

Thinking about it, when I last leveled swash etc after rebuild, I didn't change my pitch curve back to linear, so for the sake of half hour I'm going to set to linear and just double check swash and pitch etc, then I'll use ur settings, see how that works. Thanks Lee, my self and Kev value your help mate

Tony

Staff member
Here is my .02 on this matter. Lee nailed it with exactly what I would have said. Pitch curve needs to be 46 48 50 75 100 and throttle curve something like 0 40 65 65 65. I myself run all of my pitch curves linear adn kill the heli with throttle hold just below mid stick. Just in case the motor craps out on me and I'm in normal, there is still a chance I can auto it down with all of that negative pitch.

pj1969

Cheers Tony, I'm also going to change the blades, as I've put a cheap pair in I had lying around after I sold my 450 clone, they just don't seem that good, so I have some spare align carbon I can use. Will let you all know outcome later.

pj1969

Arrrrgghhh!!! still no good. i've just come back from the field, i put pitch curve linear to check pitch. mid is 0, low -6/7 high stick is +10/11. then changed pitch curve to 46,48,50,75,100 with tony's throtle curve and still only hovering around the 2nd white notch on my dx6i. It only seems to have started doing it and slight tail wonder to the left after i've changed my tarot FLB head to an Align FBL head. With the other she's rock solid and i can take my hands off the controlls. Any more clues or help???

DAL2855

Banned
I run my Throttle Curve like this: 0, 40, 80, 80, 80 running the Align 450 DFC Pro. With my Pitch curve like this: 0, 2, 4.5, 29, 64.5 and mine flies great!

Top Bottom