450 450 Pro 3GX V2 Tail problem

Graham Lawrie

I had completed my set up and went to test fly my heli. As i spooled up it started to spin clockwise and tilt to the left. Is this because the tail is set up wrong on the 3GX?

Also do i need to go into the computer programme with the heli? or can i set it up without this?

Help please:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Setup can be done without computer. Before flying check.. Nose to right tail slide to right and vice versa.

Then swash ... Tilt heli right and swash should go opposite on all sides... Rely left swash right. Tilt Down and swash pulls back.

After that software is needed only to fine tune. Like select 450's for setting and all.. But you should still be able to fly without it perfectly fine

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Graham Lawrie

Setup can be done without computer. Before flying check.. Nose to right tail slide to right and vice versa.

Then swash ... Tilt heli right and swash should go opposite on all sides... Rely left swash right. Tilt Down and swash pulls back.

After that software is needed only to fine tune. Like select 450's for setting and all.. But you should still be able to fly without it perfectly fine

That all seems ok , but heli just wants to spin clockwise. I will try and post a video of it. thanks Graham

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
What about transmitter inputs right -- slider to left and vice versa

Ohh.., tail blades rotating anti clockwise? If its a belt heli.. Is the belt twisted opposite way?

Graham Lawrie

Just tried it and it did work against it when i put rudder to the right. I got it spinning with rudder input clockwise, but tried it anti clockwise and it did not work. So i am thinking my rudder set up is not central/incorrect as you suggest.Could my DX6i setting be wrong as well?

heli-maniac

i would ck it to make sure all trims are center and sub trims are zero for the rudder then recenter the tail slider and re set the tail gyro

Graham Lawrie

i would ck it to make sure all trims are center and sub trims are zero for the rudder then recenter the tail slider and re set the tail gyro

Align 450Pro 3GX V2 Tail Problem - YouTube
This is the video of the problem. When i move the RX rudder stick right the slider moves towards the tail fin. The reverse is the same(left away from tail fin). From what i can see the slider is not equal(central). Do i need to 90 the tail servo and start again?

stokke

When the rudder servo is at 90° the rudder pitch slider should be centered.
When this is achieved, you should perform the 3GX tail set-up procedure.
Also, check that there is no trim (not sub-trim, but trim) enabled on your Tx (transmitter).

heli-maniac

first of all take the main blades off when doing that in the house that is a real bad thing
with the the main blades off see if it still wants to turn some of that is the torque of the rotor head turning and the skids sliding on the wood floor
you can ck center with the main blades off it should not turn when you have it spinning if the tail is center

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Stokke, its miles out!! At 90 the slider is right against the tail. How do i get it to this position? I measured the rod length an it is the same as the manual, if i am to 90 the servo it will mean extending the rod massively?

stokke

Thanks Stokke, its miles out!! At 90 the slider is right against the tail. How do i get it to this position? I measured the rod length an it is the same as the manual, if i am to 90 the servo it will mean extending the rod massively?

When looking at the bird from the back (the tail towards you):

When the servo is at 90° and the slider is far right - shorten rod.
When the servo is at 90° and the slider is far left - lengthen rod.

If for some reason you notice you're using up all the thread in your links - something is wrong!
The link heads will need to be threaded onto the rod sufficiently so that they cannot come loose during flight.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes like Stokke said. It needs to be centered. And yes it'll be with extending or reducing the size of the push rod. One thing to make sure (I made this mistake that why I am saying ) please make sure the tail boom is pushed in all the way in. :)
But after that.. Push rod adjustment is hat you need. One thing... You need to be in rate mode when doing this now in Heading hold. Then you'll need to redo your 3gx tail limits.

stokke

Also remember the A's out, therefore you'll have to do one whole turn when shortening/lengthening.

Graham Lawrie

Thanks guys, I have lengthened the rod and it looks better, and i sub trimmed it the final couple of clicks. I checked the servo 90 and it was ok(did not need arm repositioning), so i hope it is right now. Due to dark nights(winter here now), and work, i wont get a chance to fly her till next Saturday. What is an acceptable amount of subtrim?

stokke

Thanks guys, I have lengthened the rod and it looks better, and i sub trimmed it the final couple of clicks. I checked the servo 90 and it was ok(did not need arm repositioning), so i hope it is right now. Due to dark nights(winter here now), and work, i wont get a chance to fly her till next Saturday. What is an acceptable amount of subtrim?

LOL, know what you mean bro! Gets dark at 4.00 PM here. I only fly on the weekends as well :D

Sub trim: 50 is a bit much, but mmmkey. 30 is perfectly acceptable. Anything under 15 is fiiiine.

Top Bottom