450 450 heli sport flight settings

pavotibio

Hi guys, I was looking for threads on this matter but couldn´t find any.
There´s gonna be a sort of competition for beginners here, where we'll have to show our skills for landing, taking of, flying circuits, etc.
Is there any recommendations you may give me to set my heli for sport flight?
Thanks

Tony

Staff member
Let us know what heli, Tx and gyro you are using and we will get you fixed up. Let us know if you want beginner, intermediate or advanced control. If you are using a 3GX, and want beginner settings, watch the 3GX Setup Guide in the Heli Beginner Help section of the forum. Those videos will walk you right through it.

pavotibio

Hi Tony, it's my trex 450 3gx (vers. 3) what I want to set. I guess I'll be fine with intermediate settings, althou I need to know what are the parameters I have to config. Theory is what I need.
Cheers

Tony

Staff member
First off, update to V3.1. V3.0 sucks and has mass issues on the ground.

Watch my Flight Mode Settings On Gyro video. Turn the roll rate up about 15% or so, and turn the dampening down 20% or so. You can also add to the cyclic pitch (setup 2 and 3) if you wish. Add about 15-20% from what I show in the video.

IMO, setting 1 should be about 35-40%. Settings 2 & 3 should be about 20% and the Dampening settings should be about 60%. Try that and see how it feels.

pavotibio

First off, update to V3.1. V3.0 sucks and has mass issues on the ground.

Watch my Flight Mode Settings On Gyro video. Turn the roll rate up about 15% or so, and turn the dampening down 20% or so. You can also add to the cyclic pitch (setup 2 and 3) if you wish. Add about 15-20% from what I show in the video.

IMO, setting 1 should be about 35-40%. Settings 2 & 3 should be about 20% and the Dampening settings should be about 60%. Try that and see how it feels.

Thanks, I'll watch the video to see what I gotta do.
I'll keep you posted.
Cheers

Top Bottom