450 450 Heli loss of aileron and Aux channel

DoninIA

Just an update.
Went out and hovered today.
All went well until the first battery got down to 30 percent left.
Ailerons would get real sluggish unless I gave a lot of input on the stick.
Changed to battery number 2 and the problem was still there.
Seems to be possibly heat related.
Believe it or not, my YEP ESC's have arrived from HK.
I will change that out over the next couple days and report back.

Don

DoninIA

Got the ESC changed out.
Was able to slip away for a bit at try a couple hovers.
The HK450 worked flawlessly through the first part of the battery again and then
I would start to lose aileron input.
The ailerons are basically are at a level position and will not move.
I verified the elevator servo will function properly when this is happening.
At this point I stopped flying. Still pretty windy out and I did not want to crash.
I now have access to a large empty warehouse and will maybe give it a try there tomorrow.
I think my next move is to change out the swash servos and see if that solves the issue.
About the only thing left is the receiver.

Not sure if it's related, I am using the same servos in a edge 260.
Corona DS 919MG.
That plane has an issue where it wants to roll right as soon as I leave the runway.
At times I have to give it full left aileron just to keep it level.

Tony

Staff member
I'm running the Corona DS 929HV servos in my new 450, and they SUCK! Huge dead band. Might want to think about changing them out for better servos.

DoninIA

Thanks Tony.
I have yet to talk to anyone using these Corona servos.
It's like they get stuck when they are centered and then need a big input to get them to budge.
I guess it comes down to, you get what you pay for.
On a side note, I'm really liking these YEP ESC's.

Don

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly what mine are doing. They make a helicopter that is already twitchy, VERY TWITCHY lol. I will be removing mine and tossing them in the trash. Not sure what i'm going to put in it.

Tony

Staff member
It states good centering, let me know what you find out when you build yours. If the centering is good, then I might just order 3 of them and see what happens.

DoninIA

I bit the bullet and bought 3 Hitec HS 65MG's.
I did order these from HK, Hextronik MG-14.
USA warehouse, hopefully get them before the end of the month.
Hitec's will be here next week.

FWIW I have these same Corona servos in a plane that has a serious problem with the ailerons.
I believe those will be going in the trash as well.

Don

Diederik

I have Corona 919 lying on the shelve, i fried one of my hitech 65 and put the rudder one on the swash to have 3 the same and wanted to, until I could buy a new Hitech, put the 919 on the rudder. The heli would just sit there with no input and all of a sudden the elvator servo would get twitchy (using a ZYX on this heli) swapped it for a HK ....... (can't remember) problem was gone. I really like the Hitechs and am busy swapping all the servos on my helis with them.

I also do not find the centering on the 919 to be good, I actually think that a normal HXT900 is even better then the 919's

- - - Updated - - -

I have Corona 919 lying on the shelve, i fried one of my hitech 65 and put the rudder one on the swash to have 3 the same and wanted to, until I could buy a new Hitech, put the 919 on the rudder. The heli would just sit there with no input and all of a sudden the elvator servo would get twitchy (using a ZYX on this heli) swapped it for a HK ....... (can't remember) problem was gone. I really like the Hitechs and am busy swapping all the servos on my helis with them.

I also do not find the centering on the 919 to be good, I actually think that a normal HXT900 is even better then the 919's

Top Bottom