450 first flight

Slobberdog

Here's a quick video of my 450 first solo flight with no one to hold my hand.

Sorry for the wonky camera work as its my phone held on to my tx with an elastic band.

[video=youtube_share;z8vyjoaVvSg]http://youtu.be/z8vyjoaVvSg[/video]

Tony

Staff member
Very nice. Looked like it was locked in pretty solid for it's first flight. It can only get better from here.

Slobberdog

Thanks guys, like I have said before the help and advice I have received and a good dose of Tony's videos has gone a long way, I feel a lot more confident and understanding of the hobby now,

My pocket says learn slowly, not gonna try rushing anything, but the 450 feels great in the hover, nearly got it able to do hands off.

Cant wait to get my 100x back so can do practice in the house. phone call to LHS today to find out whats going on with it......

Slobberdog

I am gonna sound like a women here but its a red one, have no idea what make etc as it came with the heli when I got it think it might be a century product, throttle curve is 0,30,55,75,100 as linear was a bit weak at centre and 0,40,60,80,100 was a bit strong, had comments that the head speed seemed a bit high that's why I dropped it down to what I have from the stronger curve, but don't know much better myself, what do you think, was tempted to go for an Align motor but might just leave alone save the sheckles to get the new 450 PLUS DFC super combo or similar when I can afford or fly a bit better.

Slobberdog

Thanks Sam, is a bit nervy with the chairs and people oh and quads flying over your head, but dry and warm, lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I here you I did! I bought a 450 off tony a couple of years ago to fly indoors during the winter mts. The club changed our flying days from Sunday to Saterday. I do not get home early enough to fly on Saterday. Hmmmmm.

Graham Lawrie

Looking good there:) Looks like my first flight:) I flew in my back garden and both blades(thread locked) popped off. One stuck in the shed and the other hit a fence. Minimal damage, but it made me very nervous about flying in confined spaces or near anyone. Safety first.My ignorance as a novice could have put me in hospital. In my videos i spooled mine up indoors many times. NEVER again. You see a lot of videos on Youtube of people doing it, brings me out in a cold sweat:) Not to rain on your parade sorry:) You are doing well for a first flight:) WELL DONE:)

Lee

For hovering around, I'm a big believer in having a steady throttle, ie 0, 40, 55,75,75 or similar. So in your hover the throttle is stable and only the blade pitch is changing. This reduces those tedencies for the heli to bob up and down due to pitch and throttle changing at the same time.

Derek

Yeah buddy! Looks good! Very nice job!!!

- - - Updated - - -

For hovering around, I'm a big believer in having a steady throttle, ie 0, 40, 55,75,75 or similar. So in your hover the throttle is stable and only the blade pitch is changing. This reduces those tedencies for the heli to bob up and down due to pitch and throttle changing at the same time.

I agree with Lee, 100% I have to say...prior to coming to RCH, I was having mass issues with my 500. It would 'bob' up and down and it just scared me real bad. My Throttle Curve was 0,35,55,75,100 and my Pitch Curve was linear. Again I say..it scared me so bad. Then I got talking with some people here on the site and, I think it was Lee that suggested that I get my TC flatter above mid stick...so that the only thing that changed was the blade pitch. It was a difference of night and day.

Slobberdog

Lee - Derek, thanks for the advise but I might gonna sound a little dull here, but when I hover it will be just above mid stick where throttle would be on the slope between 55% and 75% therefore constantly changing anyway, or am I looking at this wrong, love your advice as I don't know enough yet myself.

Lee

Thats were you need to experiment. Your hover point isn't going to be at mid stick, cause the pitch is 0º so you will be closer to 3/4 stick at hover therefore giving you that flatter throttle. Find where your hover point is and adjust according to that to give you a flatter curve. My settings are 0,40,60,80,80

Top Bottom