450 450 EXI Clone Motor Cutting Out

mousie

Ok I was out flying, doing some fast climbs and desends.As I would power down just before hitting the ground I would go positive pitch and the motor seem to cut out for a split second, it did it several times.It don't seem to do it on a slow desend just on a quick down to up stick.Any answers guys?

Tony

Staff member
When you are coming down, are you dropping the stick all the way down? If so then you are shutting the ESC off and the slow start up is kicking in. One way to cure this is to set some forward trim so the motor is spinning slowly all the time, this should keep it from cutting out. But just remember to back the throttle all the way down when you land.

mousie

Hi Tony, I never even gave that a thought.It could very well be whats going on.I will go to idle up mode and see if that was the problem.
Thank you once again for your help!

Tony

Staff member
Idle up will keep the blades spinning all the time at a constant rpm. This is the only way I fly a heli. Not only is it more stable with higher head speed, but it also locks the tail in a lot better. Let me know how it goes. Just remember, if you go negative pitch, it will force that thing into the ground if your not careful.

mousie

Yes I understand that. I mostly fly in idle up, I was just playing in the back yard in normal mode and never gave it a thought about the soft start up.Hopefully that was the problem.

Top Bottom