450 450 down but not out

Slobberdog

had to strip head block last night during flying as head dampers seemed to give up the ghost, so now have to order parts for the bird today, did find out i have a V1 head while stripping though

so new parts required

feathering shaft
damper set
some screws as some have stripped oh and i lost a servo retaining screw and nut.

heli in mid hover wanted to shake itself to bits, oh well never mind, fix this one then get new pro kit for birthday i think, shame though i wanted to get the 130x, boo hoo :sorrow:

Lee

The fun of RC helicopters :D Its my birthday next month. Hope someone buys me something nice :D

Slobberdog

Just orered the bits for my fix but they are starting to get into short supply for the V1 so might sell this bird soon, when its fixed that is and get either the pro v1 which are still in good supply or the blade 450 x if this bird gets sold, as will need the extra to go agaist the cost of the new kit if i get the blade.

me on the 2nd of May whens yours, and im sure your misses will treat you to something, :confusion:

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well blow me over, I have just been given permission to get a new bird, think I will be looking at the blade 450x as you get so much bang for the old buck, what do you guys think.........

Graham Lawrie

600 Kev or bigger:) I nearly fell over when mine came in the post:) as the Mrs says "thats HUGE""..............or maybe thats my imagination LOL :)

Slobberdog

Tbh I like the size of the 450 and its still a a reasonable cost level that I can justify, until I can actually fly that is, euromillions tomorrow so you never know, lol

Tony

Staff member
Do yourself a favor and skip the bigger blade heli's. Go align, Warp or the like. Much better heli's IMO.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, appreciate the feedback, was more inclined to the blade 450x as it comes with Ar7200bx fitted, however for the extra 30 pounds i can get the pro v2 super combo with 3gx, but still unsure about the 3gx unit as many are, i know two people in my club that use it one ok one is not, the one that is Ok is using this unit with 1.9 firmware, the one thats haviong problems has upgraded every time ones come out, wtf are products suppose to go backwards in design, lol

its a couple of weeks away so have time to think anyway, thats why i put this here but most fly Align not E-Flite

Tony

Staff member
So far, Westy is having great luck with the 3.1. I'm going to try to upgrade the 600 and see how it goes this weekend. As for the Align with the 7200BX, I will let you know how that goes tomorrow (later tonight for us). Matt is coming over with my old Align 450 and we are fitting this gyro to it. Who knows, we may play around and see what it does on the 600 hehe.

Slobberdog

wish i could afford the Pro dfc with the ar7200bx but that would set me back twice the cost of the Blade 450x,

the other option is a pro v1, flybarred kit then chuck my junk in it,

but i really want the FBL heli

Top Bottom