450 450 align' 4 blade heads

KG6HGK

Building A'109 USCG scale, from ec aerodyne.Started with Align 450 sport, shaft drive tail. Using rc aero 4 blade rotor and ARB7300BX electronics. First flights with frame really a surprise, stable and quiet. Anyone with experience with this setup, what are you using for main rotor RPM. I am using 1800 now, but want to experiment.
This is my first post, hope it makes sense and I can locate it later

holtneil

Hi I messed about with larger , but your need to keep head low , as you have 4 blades running the air is really dirty for the following blade , so if head speed is high your loose lift so slower is better , I run 1900 on a 500 2 blade so I would look at about 1650 ,1700 on a 4 bladed 450 to be really scale look and sound , may be post this in the scale section there are some top scale guys there and will help you lots more than I can
http://www.rc-help.com/forumdisplay.php?198-Scale-Helicopters

KG6HGK

Thanks I am new at this and dont know how to post to the correct place, or how to move my post from here to scale. I find that the 4 blade head has not made any significant change in tail activity even though I was warned that the more blades on the main head the more probems with tail activity. I am running semi semitrical or assymetrical flexing blades from RC aeerodyne, and I will set up some head speed parameters down around 1500 and then work back up to see what happens. At 1800 thebird is very quiet with no drive gear noise or blade pop, except when holding in crosswind or downwind when you can hear tail and main rotor interaction.

holtneil

Hi the easy way to do this is copy paste the first post in to scale helis , so copy the first post then go to scale heli section open new thread put in a title then where you type paste the post you copied , thats it all done the guys are really nice on this forum and help you no matter where you post , you can use the link i left you to jump to scale to paste the thread
there are a few tricks you can do to the tail like larger blades , I dont think your have a problem as you have narrow cord main blades the main problem starts when you 4 full size 3D blades on the head you get so much more torque and lift the tail blows out

Top Bottom