4 Flights with my Updated 3Gx V3.1

Westy

LEGEND
Hope ya like it .....

did a lot of testing and it is heaps better than the 3.0 version.

TEST FLIGHT 1 - just giving it a go!

Test Flight 2 - Take off - Hovering and Landing Testing.....

Test Flight 3 - Some 3D flying ... flips and rolls....

Final Test Flight 4 - first ever .... (mine anyway) long inverted hover..... and a full piroetting circuit!

Last edited by a moderator:

Westy

LEGEND
heh hehe .... that is my dog box ... for taking my dogs out to the lake.... or walking ... or putting all my heli batteries in!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Good job, Westy! What AIL and ELE gain values you do use? What problems you did you have with Version 3.0? It works superbly on all of my 3gx power-ed fleet.

Tony

Staff member
I don't think westy had an issue with 3.0, but I had wicked takeoff issues with the RCH Heli. 3.1 solved that.

Westy

LEGEND
Good job, Westy! What AIL and ELE gain values you do use? What problems you did you have with Version 3.0? It works superbly on all of my 3gx power-ed fleet.

Ail and Ele Gains set on pots with software connected ... set at 105 each even!

I had no real problem .... only noticed that when you tenatively tried to take off.... the heli would roll over left quite hard ... .so you have to give it right aileron as normal for a flybarred set up ..... but no it works a lot better on that respect. I also noticed that the latest version of software has a switch for simulating Flybarred ... ??? not sure what that is for!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I use the Simulated Flybar, but I have it set very low to keep the cyclic dampening as little as possible.

Have you played with different parameters accessible through the 3GX software?

I really dislike the default settings on version 3.0. Besides the Simulated Flybar, I turned the Pitch and Cylic acceleration to about 60 to get the desired agility. Other than that, I leave all other parameters alone.

I have a bad 3GX (highly suspected, but never fully confirmed). But all others work like a charm.

Regardless of all the vilifying, I still trust them. Just wonder when Align is going to release a version that allows making adjustments using my Android phone.

That would be awesome!

Last edited:

canongraphy

Very nice Westy! looks like you have the 3.1 dialed in.
Hey that was nice of the mailman you drop off that gear for ya by the lake! LOL
looks good bro, keep practicing but don't rush it!

Westy

LEGEND
Cheers Canon .... getting there ... a bit each day! hate it when have a moment of brain freeze where you are second guessing your instinct.... if you have no height .... it turns to custard real fast!

Top Bottom