General 3gx,

Tony

Staff member
He is running the DX8, so same menu as you and I. As stated, go into the swashplate menu and adjust the Pitch (ONLY) to -60. Then, put your Tx at mid stick, set 0º pitch on the blades, then check full stick, and low stick. If you have more low than full, then your swash plate is too low and you need to lengthen your servo to swash links. If you have more full stick pitch than low stick, then your swash plate is too high and you need to adjust the links shorter.

After each change, you will nee to adjust the blade grip links to get back to 0º of pitch at mid stick, then check it all over again. This part takes time.

who wants to buy a almost done helicopter. i cant do this.. i just cant. i dont understand how to do anthing i dont even know if im doing it right.

- - - Updated - - -

every time i touch something it looks like i messed something else up

Tony

Staff member
One thing to know about this hobby, it gets easier. When I started I didn't think I would ever know where those wires went, how to adjust all of those links (flybar head) and when I finally got one in the air, I didn't think I would ever learn how to fly it, let alone do any kind of 3D.

This hobby takes time and patience. Building them is half the challenge, learning how to fly them is the other half. Put it on a shelf for a few days, then come back to it. It's amazing what a couple days will do when building one of these for the first time.

cn63bug

+1 to Tony. Its finally coming to as far as flying goes. Mechanically, its never been a problem for me, just flying though takes tons of practice.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, for some, things just come easy. For others though, it takes time to learn every aspect of this hobby. I came from cars and trucks, and jumped right into ccpm heli's and it bit me in the butt, a LOT! Maybe you should think about getting something a little more tame than a FBL heli? Like start out with the Blade mCX, then get the mSR or 120sr and learn on those while you are building this one. It's more money now, yes. But it's less money in the long run. Just ask anyone that jumped in head first into this hobby. It's hard, and it's expensive, you just have to stick with it and buy parts when you can.

For example, I have not crashed my HK450GT in some time, but with the purchase of another kit, I purchased more parts totaling over $300 for everything. I had the money, the boss (wife) okay'd it, so they are on the way. I will have them for when I do dumb thumb this thing and put it into the deck.

Trust me Josh, one of these days it will just click and everything that you don't understand now will become clear.

im going to start over from the begining, ok here is what i do, im making a new profile in my RX, (DX8) thats all i do?
2. i set all servo arms manually with my hand to 90degrees.
3. bind my RX to the sat plug.
4. unplug the batt
5.shut off the RX
6. remove bind plug
7. turn on RX
8. hold down the button to the 3gx and plug in the batt.
9.turn hold on set sticks to mid
10. go to elveator limit.
11. push right stick up and back to mid.
12.push button again. check to make sure swash is moving in the correct fassion.
13.push button again go in to aliron limit.
14. push stick to the right and back to mid.
15. push the button make sure swashplate is moving correctly again.
16. push the button it will finalize and move 3 times
17. unplug batt, shut down RX,
18. turn on RX, plug in battry,
19.hold down button 2 sec see it flash green
20 push button to get over in to limit.
21 ? to set end points do you move stick far right or just move it tell it hits one side then bring it back to mid and then tell it hits the other side.
22. the end? move on to blade pitch.

cn63bug

One of the first birds I tried to fly was a falcon 3d. Let's just say that it lasted about 15 seconds before it crashed. I came from cars and trucks too and was very good with nitro engines in particular. I thought that helis couldn't be that hard. Anyway, I got away from helicopters for quite a while after that. When I started to get back into it, I started with a coaxial, but moved up to a micro fixed pitch, a walkera CB-100 (still have it even though I don't fly it anymore). When I went back to CP, I went to a blade SR. It does get easier though. Just take a small break and read up and you'll get it.

Last edited:
another question what is the model you download from spektrum do i need to do that? would that help?

- - - Updated - - -

am i doing them steps correctly

im going to start over from the begining, ok here is what i do, im making a new profile in my RX, (DX8) thats all i do?
2. i set all servo arms manually with my hand to 90degrees.
3. bind my RX to the sat plug.
4. unplug the batt
5.shut off the RX
6. remove bind plug
7. turn on RX
8. hold down the button to the 3gx and plug in the batt.
9.turn hold on set sticks to mid
10. go to elveator limit.
11. push right stick up and back to mid.
12.push button again. check to make sure swash is moving in the correct fassion.
13.push button again go in to aliron limit.
14. push stick to the right and back to mid.
15. push the button make sure swashplate is moving correctly again.
16. push the button it will finalize and move 3 times
17. unplug batt, shut down RX,
18. turn on RX, plug in battry,
19.hold down button 2 sec see it flash green
20 push button to get over in to limit.
21 ? to set end points do you move stick far right or just move it tell it hits one side then bring it back to mid and then tell it hits the other side.
22. the end? move on to blade pitch.

is this correct?

Karubah

Okay When you go to bind. Connect you rx sat to the 3gx. Put the bind plug into the bind port on the 3gx switch on the power to the 3gx, you should have a flashing light on your sat. Hold down the bind button on the Tx and turn it on. Wait until the light stays on on the sat and then remove the bind plug from the 3gx . Do NOT turn off the power to the 3gx before removing the bind plug. You can now turn off the power to the 3gx. Always turn on the TX first from this point on. Hope this helps a bit.

ok so i re did it and now on my 3GX both lights stay red.

for the pitch of the blades. when stick is centered, its just a bout on, when i push left stick forward its at 14degrees, then when i push stick down. its prob around 20. what do i need to do

Top Bottom