600 3gx

chinvincible73

I have a problem with my trex 600 and my 3gx, when i hover and i bank left or right , the heli start to shake left and right, real hard and fast. i have to hand the heli so it can stablize and then the shaking goes away. seem like the 3gx is over working!how do i address this problem? thank you!!!

Lee

You need to reduce the cyclic gain.
I don't know on the 3GX if you have separate Elevator and Aileron Gains or a general cyclic gain.
If you do, check whether the haeli is wobbling side to side or nodding.
Nodding, reduce Elevator gain
Wobble, reduce Aileron.
If its an all round wobble, then reduce the general cyclic gain.

Derek

I moved this thread from the RC Lounge to the 600 Sized Helicopter section.

Yes, on the 3GX, there are two pots that can be adjusted. Try Lee's advice based on the type of wobble you have.

pvolcko

+1 on Lee's advice. Cyclic gain is probably too high. Or perhaps you have a stripped servo and it is bouncing back and forth between the points where it has gear teeth. Did you crash it?

chinvincible73

all servos work beautifully,I finish following tony' advice about turning some setting down so it wont be twitchy ,, i turn it all the way down to zero.I did not crash it ,LOL!! I save it a few times from it bouncing left to right, the only setting i can do is on the computer, I will check that cylic gain. in normal gentle flight it is fine, If i make quick sudden fast movement on the sticks it just go crazy left to right, once i land it on the ground it stop and i can hover again. Thank you everyone, you are awsome friends!!!

murankar

Staff member
Aileron gain might be to high. Turn it down a couple points and see what happens. If it continues keep dropping a few points till it goes away. If it does not then you may have to go into the Advanced settings and see if the P.I.D. gains need tweeked. If you want to know about those just listen to the last 2 episodes of RCHN where they explain what those are and how to tune them.

Tony

Staff member
When you have it hooked up to the computer, set your two cyclic gains between 100 and 105. That should be a good starting point. And make sure your servo balls are on the inner holes and not the outer. If you have them on teh outside, or the side that gives the most throw, then you will have this issue.

chinvincible73

Ball links are correct everything is straight and 90 degree, the aileron was turn down just a tad and there is nomore bouncy left to right for now , a new problem came up , the tail wag , if i lower the gain it wag slow and wide.if i raise the gain it wag real fast. it didnt do this before, I have a 14sg controller ,what am i missing?? thanks again for the help!!!

chinvincible73

Thanks everyone , Lee you are correct, that fix the problem looking back at tony's video i had to adjust the gain to 70 and my 600 is solid as a rock when hovering.

Top Bottom