FBL Gyro 3GX won't go to DIR mode

Lightman

I'm settig up a Trex 600EFL Pro with 3GX V.3 with 2 DSM2 sats. with a DX7. After binding and getting into dir mode once and doing system initial setup, I went to go back and finish and it wont let me go into dir again. Tried rebinding, reloading software and firmware, everything I could think of and still no go. Any thoughts out there? I've just reset the DX7 and created a new model, and deleted the old software on my computer and installed V.3 again for the 3rd time, and it binds up but just wont go to dir mode!

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure you are pushing the button all the way down? I ask because there are times when I think I"m pushing it, but it's not actually pushing it on the board inside the case. I use the tip of my exacto knife (the handle that I have modified) to push it most of the time.

Tony

Staff member
I"m not sure what is going on. Could possibly be a bad 3GX. Is there any way you can drop a line to the company that you purchased it from? Most of them are pretty good at replacing bad parts.

Lightman

Got it as a birthday gift from better half, and I think she got it on ebay some time back. Doubtful. Figure's,my luck .lol But thanks anyway for trying.

Tony

Staff member
Oh we ain't done yet lol. Is there anyway you can get a video of you trying to go into DIR mode? It may reveal something.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I never stop until I know for a fact that there is an issue. Until then, we will try everything.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Anytime I've had a problem with anything I've bought from e bay, has long has it was a new item. I've just e mailed the seller and been taken care of! They don't like negative feedback and generality will do anything they can to satisfy you! For instance! I just bought a new trex 700n dfc off eBay. When I opened the box my canopy was damaged. E mailed him and sent the canopy back. I now have a new canopy that came directly fron Align!

Lightman

You got me thinking this morning about using a pointed object. When I went to do video for you I used a pointed stick so my hand wasn't in the way, and lo and behold, dir mode. Repeated it just to make sure, same result. Score now stands at: Pointed stick 1 - Big fat fingers 0! lol My bad, lesson learned! Thank you Tony for putting that bug in my ear and thanks Breeze for responding also. I knew it was a good idea to sign up here! Also posted the pics you asked for. Again,Thanks guys and onward and upward!

Tony

Staff member
Glad I could save you from sending back the gyro bud. That little button is a hard little bugger to push sometimes.

Top Bottom