General 3GX Versions 3.1, 4 and 5

Flymick

Hi again Folks. I have downloaded these versions of the 3 GX software.

Now, when I got my 3GX Hooked up, it came up with version 1.1 .
Can I now use any of the newer versions, or must I stick with what I have ?
Which is the better version to use ?
To use the newer versions, do I just run that and the PC will update the gyro during my setup ?

Appreciate your help.

murankar

Staff member
Just flash the new firmware to 5.0. People have been giving good positive feed back on it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Slobberdog

Personally I have both 3.1 and 5 on my birds, flew my 450 before I put V5 on and there is a difference but not a huge difference for me, it's a bit better on the ground and in ground effect but you don't fly on the ground,

There is still mixed feelings in the community as to V5 some saying you have to max gains out for it to hold well, but I am not good enough to tell the difference in what they are saying,

It's up to you personally, I have left both my 250 and 500 on 3.1, as they fly very well on it, people complain that 3.1 on the ground will tip over very quick but personally I have not had it happen,

The main thing I found with V5 was the direct crisp feeling of the cyclic, it will suit you more if that's what your going for and for 3d,

Hope this helps,

Flymick

Thank you. I have V5 now loaded on myPC. Does this mean that the next time Iconnect to the 3GX, that the firmware will be automatically , or is there another procedure for this ?

I have also noticed that having loaded V5, the PC won't allow V 3.5 to be loaded. I suppose that I have to have a completely separate 3GX V5 and 3GX V3.1 folders.

Dirk

Hi Mike,

Good to see you on here! Welcome to the forum.

The 3GX you got from me already has V5 software on it. When you connect the 3GX to your PC, it should show V5 on the latest software.

If you get stuck, please give me a call.

Cheers mate.

Tony

Staff member
Here is a video on how to flash your 3GX. It's for 3.0 when it first came out, but it works exactly the same for ALL versions. And I would put either 2.1 or 5.0 on there. I would lean more to 5.0 than 2.1 since it's newer and has support for the DSMX (I think...). I have not done a lot of testing (only hovered it for a minute) but others have and are liking 5.0. Any questions, all you have to do is post up. Hope this video helps. YOu can find other 3GX videos by clicking on the Articles tab at teh top of the forum, then clicking on 3GX How To on teh left side.

3GX Setup Part 2 How To Flash The Firmware To Version 3.0 - YouTube

Flymick

Hi Dirk, yes, thanks. I haven't received the baby yet. Hopefully today. - I'll chase Postnet. Will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Tony, Admiral and Dirk, wow ! This forum is amazing ! Thank you so much. V5, here I go. (Dirk, this is for an old Trex 500 that I have). Tony and Admiral, I have bought Dirk's 450 - can't wait for it to arrive. Keep well, folks and have a great weekend.

Dirk

Great stuff Mike!

Like I said, this is the best forum by far. The guys are always very helpful and also sympathetic whenever you plough your bird.

Top Bottom