FBL Gyro 3gx v5

Derek

Well, based on what I read on the Align page, it sounds pretty good.

Has anyone tried it yet?

murankar

Staff member
Derk just flashed his earlier this evening. He said he would go and test tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

treff

I loaded 3gx v5 and flew this afternoon between rain showers. Very smooth lift off despite wind gusting 10 to 20mph. Flight also
very locked in almost strangely so considering the conditions. I think V5 will stop on my 450. I think they have cracked also the tail
problems. The tail stops are solid after fast piro, no overshoot I can detect. Also all of my parameters were left untouched after the
update. I am well pleased. I can not see any disadvantages in version 5 but your set up maybe different.

pvolcko

Nice. Would be nice to finally see the 3gx users not tipping on spool up and whatnot. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Was this on an electric or a gas/nitro?

treff

Had two flights now and both very, very stable even compensating for strong winds. I now need to increase the sensitivity on my tx lol. I think they have cracked it this time.

Derek

This is outstanding! I haven't had any tip over issues with my 450/3GX since raising the initial spool up....even the landings are smoother for me, too. The tail wag is occasional at fast speeds. I'll see about going to v5 tomorrow when I'm not working.

Now the question arises....how do I go about flashing to v5? I've not done this before.

Graham Lawrie

Its easy Derek:) I am downloading 5 then going to flash mine:) if it works its going on my 600:) Will need to be good to come close to the AR7200BX but don't believe it will ever touch the MSH Brain:)

Slobberdog

Guys I've downloaded and installed V5 software on my lappy,
I connect my 3gx up to it and go for update, new box opens up
Select v5 update and open
Update screen pops up, and shows USB detected,
Press update button and all I get is connecting.......
How long should this take as I don't seem to get past this point.....

Any ideas it's beginning to get me frustrated

Derek

Well, I've downloaded v5 and installed it. I even went so far as to open it and I see that it says v5 in the upper left corner.

Unfortunately, I'm done for now. Time to go to work. I have to do the whole "work thing" so that I can continue to do the "play thing".

Slobberdog

Dude don't know what I'm doing wrong, and now my gov light is green when I have my gyro sw in pos 1 red in pos 2 and 3, I am so close to taking this gyro to a 1000 ft and dropping it, and yes that would be in the 450, last time I updated it it was simple, why am I having the freaking much trouble this time,

Graham Lawrie

I had a similar problem with 3.1.

I have now removed all old versions and am trying last time before bed:) took 3 days last time as so many were downloading the same:) Found it easier when the link came off the section on here:)

Slobberdog

Got it sorted on the upgrade, so now on V5

Finally worked on the like 10th time of asking, quick dir check and all was ok, so quick hover in the garage, and found the tail needs to be set up in rate mode, then it's great,

ReAlly snappy feel to it cyclic very responsive and direct, and very fluid on the movements, will put it in the air properly tomorrow night, after I redo my rudder end limit setting as I adjusted the rod,

Not sure why my gov light is on green when I'm in gyro sw pos 1 and red in pos 2 and 3 though that's strange

Admiral

Version 5 Loaded onto the 450, what a difference no issues at all that I can find in a hover in the back yard, Take Off no issues, Tail Wag No issues, nice and stable 3GX has finally caught up to the budget priced systems.

Slobberdog

its always been on par with the budget gyros but if this software is as good as initial feel it should take it up towards the ranks of the higher end units,

time will tell and we will see reports from good pilots soon I'm sure.

Top Bottom