FBL Gyro 3Gx tail piro slow

Slobberdog

oh yes you have, but now its done its gonna be more flying, seen as it will do as its told now, hard to fly it when it crawls around and hard to get the bail outs working if it takes ages to get to the tail in.

More confidence in it now I think.................

What you got your rudder torque pre comp set to, Tony, mine is kicking a little on pitch pumps.

Tony

Staff member
Mine is stock right now. It's kicking just a bit, but it always returns so the gyro is doing it's job.

Slobberdog

OK thats all good then thats what mine does, kicks a couple of inches then returns to start point.

cant wait to see your full set of settings to compare them to mine, mine feels quite controllable but could be a touch more stable I recon.

Eagerly awaiting the video / series

Tony

Staff member
Take some screen shots of the 3 settings pages in the software and post them up here. I will have a look and see if we can get it dialed in for you.

Tony

Staff member
As for the series, I am still trying to decide what way I want to do it. If I do a video for each setting, then I'm going to be upwards of 40 videos just on the 3GX. That is a LOT lol. I'm thinking about lumping them together, but still separating some out to make it easier to search. The more technical ones will have their own video for sure. But the others that are really short will be lumped into one video.

Slobberdog

i would do 1 video per screen in the software that will be three in total.

you can see my setting in the other thread I posted in the gyro section, not to good at linking the threads on here.....

Tony

Staff member
Cool, didn't know if you changed them or not.

Turn your Flight Condition control up to 70

Turn flybar up to 65

turn cyclic pitch dampening to 65, leave collective where it is if the helicopter is not bobbing up and down. If it is, then 65

Elevator and aileron travel limit, turn them down to 25. Remember, this setting, even at 0, is still 8º of cyclic pitch. YOu are adding to it by raising that slider. And right now, you are at 70. If you turn that down, it will help greatly along with the other settings.

Those are my suggestions if you are wanting to tame it down. Also, you can add about +35 expo in your Tx to help out as well. This will make for a very forgiving helicopter. I mean very forgiving.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony will look at these setting and weather permitting try them out in the week.

Am running 30% expo at the moment, like I said above its quite controllable at the moment but still twitchy, so just need to take away a little of the twitchyness,

will try these and report back...........................

Tony

Staff member
You can also reduce your roll rates, but that is only for large movements. Basically the max speed at which it will roll. Trying to hold a hover, it will make almost no difference in the feel. Let us know how it goes.

Slobberdog

Well between work and now weather I have found it difficult to get the time to try these out,

well I just had five mins to boot up the laptop, that's a job on its own, lol, updated the settings in the 3Gx to the ones Tony gave me, and then take it out front for a quick hover test, it feels a little bit less responsive but still moves quickly, holds the hover virtually hands off, but to be honest even though it feels a little less twitchy it still moves and acts quickly.

Do I like it?............Time will tell, when the series of rain and showers pass that we have forecast I will get it out to give is some smack hovering, with a little luck it might be ok in the morning for a short while.

Will report back more then.

Tony

Staff member
You can try turning your roll rate all the way down to 0, that might help. Maybe turn up the dampening as well. I have shot the setup video on these settings, just need to get it all edited up. IT's going to take a while since I'm redoing ALL of the 3GX videos. When I get some time, I will do the flight videos for the settings showing what each setting changes.

Slobberdog

Well the weather held off to go for a fly his morning, got to use 2 batteries on the 450 and just the one on the 130x as it was a little breezy for the 130x,

Tony I recon you might have the 3Gx settings pretty much dialled in, the heli was stable as a rock, I had to raise my tail gain up a couple %, as the wind was pushing the tail around a bit, but got to do some fwd flight with stop turns across my front, and got some height with piro climbs, it felt pretty solid and predictable,

Thanks Tony that will help me loads and give me a bit confidence with it,

Also adjusted the pitch curves as Lee said and in line with how Tony suggests to all, and have learnt that I have got a lot more savvy with collective management, used idle up with the 130x and that was fab, actually came close to doing a flip but not quite, oh and it was not attempted either, not that brave yet,

I have got to get a video recorder sorted out, lol

Tony

Staff member
I'm glad that you have the 3GX dialed in and it's flying good for you. Hope to see some videos from you here soon!

Slobberdog

Yeah me to, not sure what I am gonna use to record with yet, but yes Tony the bird felt really good with those settings, onwards and upwards I hope from here,

feel like I have got over the first wall I encountered, the hover to fwd flight wall, its taken a while but I don't care,

I am enjoying myself greatly more this time around, because of the help and encouragement from the great people on this site,

Had the flying field to myself this morning, and that's another reason no video, sorry guys.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, I was the Master Smack Hover Guy for a LONG time before I decided that I just wanted to fly. And a stable helicopter is the most important part. Now that you have a stable heli, your confidence will go up and you want to do more. Just remember, even on the very low settings, this bird will still flip over. However, it will correct just as slow. I almost crashed my heli because of this lmao. Just take your time bro, this is not a race, it's all about fun.

Slobberdog

And it's the fun I am having Tony, I am not racing, my 450 is for when I get it sorted on the sim then on the 130x, I love the heli's I have now,

I still have some adrenaline left from this mornings flights, its a super rush when you fly and don't crash, I need more, I think I am an addict,

Top Bottom