FBL Gyro 3GX software failure!!!

Karubah

I installed the software of the disc that came with the 3gx onto my lappy running windows 7. hooked up to the gyro from the lappy and this is all I could get.

P3271010.jpg I uninstalled it and downloaded the s/ware from I/net still does the same thing. I'm stumped :sorrow: Cheers Andy

P3271010.jpg

P3271011 (1024x768).jpg

Karubah

The same message comes up , click continue again and the main 3gx logo window comes up then can't do anything except click the X.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure what is going on. Let me do some thinking on this (tired and time to get off work) and I will post up later. I'm hoping that someone will know exactly what the issue is and post up before tonight.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Two things

The installation file : run it as administrator and then the same with the actual software .exe file too. That's a windows 7 issue, ok some computers, It doesn't play nice with some softwares and vice versa

Also .. To be extra sure it'll work, I recommend running 3GX software in "compatibility mode" .. Compatible to windows xp service pack 3.. For doing that you'll go right click on the .exe file and go to properties and I think if I remember correctly there is a settings tab on top, regardless , go through the tabs and you'll see compatibility mode there and check that, and select the windows version I said.

That should take care of this

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

pvolcko

What does "details" show? USually this occurs when a (registry) registered DLL is missing or certain class objects provided by the DLL haven't been registered in the registry. Could be you're missing a DLL or have an old version of one. Did you install from a CD provided with the 3GX or did you download from a website? Is it the latest software? If you grabbed from a website, you may want/need to isntall from the disc first, then uninstall the 3gx app and install the new one, in order to pick up some third party libraries that the disc installer installs.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
What does "details" show? USually this occurs when a (registry) registered DLL is missing or certain class objects provided by the DLL haven't been registered in the registry. Could be you're missing a DLL or have an old version of one. Did you install from a CD provided with the 3GX or did you download from a website? Is it the latest software? If you grabbed from a website, you may want/need to isntall from the disc first, then uninstall the 3gx app and install the new one, in order to pick up some third party libraries that the disc installer installs.

That's what it probably is but not because the installer is corrupt but just that the Had to skip over the DLL file install cause sometimes it does that when you are not running in administrator mode.. So running in admin mode let the software modify all the needed files and should… I say should... fix it … :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Westy

LEGEND
Try REloading Dot Net Framework .... 3.5 or something like that .... could be a corrupt DLL file

Karubah

Okay I have tried all the above suggestions and still no luck. I also tried it on the mac running parralels on win XP but still no go from the downloads. I'm stumped!! I dont know if this has anything to do with the above but I hooked up the motor after setting up servos and 3Gx and no motor spool up. Help is needed please. Cheers Andy

Tony

Staff member
No motor spool up? Did you do the gov setup in the gyro? It's a must to do the gov setup even if you are not using the gov.

Tony

Staff member
Yes it is. It's in the rudder setup (I think, if I'm remembering correctly) at the very end.

Tony

Staff member
The first time I ever setup a 3GX gyro, I had to do it multiple times, and I still didn't get it right. You can see this on the 450 Pro V2 videos. I was no where near close to being right on that one. That is why I made the 3GX video where I corrected all of those mistakes.

Karubah

I just went through the setup again as far as El and Ail they are working ok. The red status light is staying on does it stay on until you do the rudder and gov setup?

Tony

Staff member
The red status light will tell you what settings you have in the gyro. In all honesty, I will have to do it again on my gyro to know for sure though. I know in the video I have the gyro away from the camera when doing the tail, but the rest, you can see the gyro. You are watching the video below, right

3GX Setup Part 1 Complete Initial Gyro Setup - YouTube

Karubah

Yep thats the one I'm watching. when you do the steps up to when you do the Ail rev and press the set button to set all the lights flash and gov light goes green and the stat light goes red. I think I need some sleep. Thanks for persivering with me on this I can be pretty dumb at times. I will try again tomorrow. Cheers A

Karubah

Whoopie!!!! I finally got the software working. Ended up remembering my daughters old lappy from 10 years ago was sitting in the office cupboard and it was running on windows XP. Slipped the disc in and installed and BINGO it WORKED. Still trying to set up rudder controls in the 550, cant get it right as yet but will carry on. Oh yes Happy Easter to all.Cheers Andy

Top Bottom