General 3GX Setup

concodd

Have watched the 3GX video set ups with interest, the wiring section is the one that I am interested in. The one shown was great and easy to do and follow if you were doing a standard setup, but I have a JR transmitter and they did not show how to wire that one up and what colour wires go where, to the receiver and where the servo wires go. (pick the first timer. ME!!!) any help or diagrams?video's would be appreciated.

Westy

LEGEND
hey there.... if you follow the 3GX setup in the software..... (RUN IT WITHOUT IT CONNECTED) you will see the instructions there.... JR and Spektrum the same.
JR.jpg

JR.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If you are running a separate Rx unlike the picture above, you will need to use the single wires that came with teh 3GX.

Here is the picture you are going ot need. I'm not sure what Rx you are running, so I can't say what color will go where, but it should be close to this picture. Also, in your other thread, watch my video that Paul posted on Wiring the 3GX. I go over plugging these wires into a separate Rx.

Let us know if this helps.

3GX Pinout.jpg

3GX Pinout.jpg

concodd

Hi Tony, I am using a JRpropo RG831B with an 8 channel transmitter. just watching your video again and you say there that the wiring set up you are demonstrating is for a 6 channel so I guess I cannot use that method. Is that correct?

Tony

Staff member
That would be incorrect. Yes, it's for a 6ch Tx, but the thing that I may have missed in there is when you are flying with the 3GX and ONLY using satellites, your gyro channel is channel 7 (aux2). There is no 7th channel on the DX6i so on that Tx you MUST use a separate Rx which moves the gyro channel to channel 5, which is your gear channel on the DX6i.

By all means, you can use a separate Rx, and if you do, you MUST wire it up with the picture I posted above. Being that your Tx is a DMSS, there is no way you can run dual satellites on teh 3GX it's self unless you send your Tx in to be downgraded to DSM2/DSMX.

Hope this makes sense.

concodd

Thanks Tony, so I think you are saying go ahead and wire it up the way you show on the video? the other thing i should ask is the Servo's must plug straight into the 3GX correct? as you look at my my Sab 700 from the back looking forward, the tail servo being the rudder, left hand one = pit, Right hand=Ail and the front middle being ELE. sound right to you?

Tony

Staff member
You are exactly right on all accounts. Wire it up as I have it in the video/picture, servos plug directly into the 3GX, and front left is pitch, right-ail, center-ele. Now where is the maiden flight video? :biggrin1: :chuckles:

concodd

Thanks Tony, still a ways to go before I get off the ground as I have more electrical work to do and I am sure more questions to ask down the track..Cheers

Top Bottom