3gx Setup Part 2 How To Flash The Firmware To Version 3.0

Tony

Staff member
Why no V5 for you? I have put it in teh 3GX section in the Articles section so it's easy to download and install. Make sure to go into your program files and delete the Align folder before installing V5 though. After you uninstall it that is.

Zamjustice

Hi Tony, Not sure if this is the wrong place for this but i've got an issue that you may be able to help me with. After recently update my 3 x 3GX's to V5 i've got some odd behaviour with the unit that is on my X7. When i switch to high head speed the heli tilts tilts forward, if i switch back to the lower settings, all returns to normal. The other 2 units behave normally. Any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
That is a new one on me. I have never heard of any of them doing this. Have you checked to make sure your main and feathering shafts are perfectly straight and that your blades are perfectly balanced? That would be the only thing that I can think of that would cause this.

murankar

Staff member
Only thing i can say is try to do a new model in the tx and see if that solves the issue.

Maybe zero out the 3gx to default and start over.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

brionesjib

Hello friends

I am rookie on this hobby....I am building a TREX 450 with the 3GX GYRO.....I have installed all the servos directly to 3Gx and placed the line battery in place of the battery but not start any led, I must connect the transmitter Futaba before or after the 3gx or I what I need to do ..... I've already read the manual 3gx and followed the instructions, but will not start anything ...any help I appreciate.
thank you

Tony

Staff member
If your Rx has an Sbus connection, do it that way. It's a simple wire hook up and works great.

brionesjib

Tony. thank you for your time....

nop nop works........I have changed on the other Sbus....on the S.BUS/BIND, on the BATT/AUX OUT, THR...... and nothing.
I have current from the ESC have 5.0 V. .....I have an IKON gyro and a VORTEX what can I do ?..........how can I know other way if the 3Gx works, may be is burned .....

Tony

Staff member
I do wish I had foment experience with the futaba set up. But I'm only spektrum. Have you removed the bind plug after binding? The 3g won't initialize until you do.

Let me see if I can acquire a futaba tx and do a video.

But, if you have the ikon gyro, I would suggest that over the 3gx any day.

niteliter

Two questions,
How do I know what version my 3GX is?
(its on a Trex 450 PRO Sport V2,so its a Version 2?)
And where can I get an update cable set (video show 2 cables)?

Tony

Staff member
You can find out the firmware version by connecting it up to your computer and opening the 3GX program. Just scroll right on the tabs and it will tell you your firmware version. As for the cables (usb dongle?), my best bet is on ebay. Unless a member here has one to sell. Unlikely though since everyone is going to ikon or BX now.

Top Bottom