FBL Gyro 3Gx rudder issue

johnrc

Banned
The magizine i was reading said that the 3GX 4.0 has to many problems in it and was told to wait for the 4.1 version to come this is the fixed version?????

Slobberdog

4.1 is not guaranteed to fix all the issues, tbh people are griping so much about this gyro all over the place that it's getting to be a farce,

Align have told me to revert to 3.1 until the fix, but after talking to a good source, it's not bad on larger birds, but there could be problems with it on the new high voltage system birds recently released like the 450L

Personally I like this gyro, and it worked great for me on V3.1

johnrc

Banned
Yes i like this gyro also and really think that im going to keep the 3.1 version also with what im doing with it. But if all the bugs are out i may go to 4.1 or higher for the 3GX system...

Slobberdog

Its a good gyro at heart but they need to stop bringing new firmware out to early

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
One thing about the 3gx is that when Align finds a fault they have been Johnny on the spot to fix it. I am sure once the gyro finally get to a certain point they will do an interval type update. So I guess what I am saying is welcome the updates as they release, its a good thing.

johnrc

Banned
Dirk can i ask you just how you did get it to work perfectly just interested how it was accomplished

Slobberdog

Dirk can i ask you just how you did get it to work perfectly just interested how it was accomplished

As you have asked it in here but this is the last I will go down this line, if you read the amount of posts there are on the net about the issues with v4 and it works for some and don't work for others then you would know that asking this question is just a waste of time, Align don't know why it works for some and don't work for others it's hit and miss, so if dirk can give you a definitive answer then I recon he could make a fortune selling the darn secret to Align corp.

Have a look around and use some sense, mine works so so, but not got any plans to put it in the air properly on this software, will be waiting for v4.x to come out.

Dirk

Seeing that we have totally screwed up your thread here Kev, I must tell you guys that I flew my 450 yesterday, and made some observations. I did notice my tail doing some things, nothing major, but it got me thinking back to how the heli behaved on V3.1. I could not fault 3.1, so decided tonight to revert to V3.1.

Now I have to redo the whole DIR setup again. I can't remember how to, but luckily Tony's videos are coming to the rescue.

Did V4.0 work for me? Yes it did. After spending some time really flying the 3GX I realised that I preferred the handling it had on V3.1. Something did not feel quite right with V4.0, but I could not lay my finger on it. I will wait and see what V4.1 has to offer.

Last edited:

Slobberdog

No worries about thread,

Personally I believe v3.1 is much better than v4 mine is sat on the bench awaiting v4.x as weather been crud over in sunny South Wales, lol, will see what that brings,

And v4 seems to compensate different in every plane, that is aileron elevator and rudder was backwards compared to v3.1 so yes full dir needed.

I reprogrammed everything on my 450 Pro 3gx to match my 9X and now ALL is perfect except that the rudder is reversed. I tried reversing it in the servo setup (no help) and then I went into DIR and THOUGHT I reversed it (the light changed) but that didnt change direction of tail. What have i forgotten?
Oh, also, on a note of etiquette :) if I have an issue discussed in a thread (where i am looking for help) do I post my similar question there or start a new thread?

Last edited:
Ok it's done, everything is moving in the right direction but now the gyro doesn't seem to do its job. If I move the heli left/right ruddet moves correctly. When I move stick left/right rudder moves correctly. BUT when I go to fly the bird wants to kind of spin in the direction I give rudder. It won't correct by itself? Hope video helps??[video=youtube_share;BGsN9ZJ9HJA]http://youtu.be/BGsN9ZJ9HJA[/video]

ok, after revisiting your video i realized i ALREADY had rudder plugged in BEFORE going to that point of setup in the gyro. will redo and see if that fixes

Last edited:
Top Bottom