FBL Gyro 3Gx rudder issue

Slobberdog

Guys, I have refrained up until now to upgrade my 3Gx to v4 but I done it today,

All was working good in V3.1 but with V4 I am getting rudder bounce back any ideas would gratefully accepted

Tony

Staff member
You can try to play with your gain a bit. Take it up until it wags, then back it down. If that doesn't stop it, then lower the gain and see what that does. Make sure there is no slop in the tail system, that will cause this issue as well.

Slobberdog

Thanks Tony, no slop at all in my tail, and worked fine before the upgrade, will try the gain as soon as I can

Slobberdog

Well just done another test with lowering the rudder locking gain and raising the gyro gain but no difference, but did notice it only does it one way, and that's going nose right,

Very curious

Slobberdog

Lots of reading and looking on the net and not much of a clue as to what to do, sent Align a message and awaiting a reply, if I don't hear anything I think I will go back to 3.1 to see if that is still ok.

I know I serviced the bird, as it was first time since I built it, but did not touch any settings or make any adjustments.

Frustrated.com

Tony

Staff member
Did you go back through the setup on the DIR and rudder setup? If not, that is a MUST. However, I just took the 600 out and the tail is all over the place as is my cyclic. Still need some setting up. But, it never wanted to tip over on the ground.

Slobberdog

Yeah done the full DIR and had two directions backwards,

Been reading quite a bit tonight and have just sent a midland heli team pilot a pm as he's had first hand detailed beta testing experience with this software, I think my problem is you have to set up the tail pitch so it holds straight in rate mode, but will post his reply if I get one.

Slobberdog

Well I did not give up and go back to V3.1 like so many have on other forums, you would never guess how many 3gx haters that are out there,

Done a lot of reading on this last night and got no really helpful info out of any of it at all,

A couple of snippets maybe,

So here's what I done,

1. Turned down the rudder locking gain from 70 to 45
2. Turned up rudder gain on TX by 5%
3. Set up tail not in accordance with the manual, yes I did it different,
The manual says, set servo arm 90 degrees then adjust rod till slider is centred on tail shaft, this is how mine was with
V3.1 and it worked great, but was pants with V4

So my set up, is as above but adjust rod until 0 degrees of pitch on the blades, then redone limits.

Outcome, can now turn the tail left and right with no bounce back, happy chap again.

Hopefully if anyone else sees this issue you have somewhere to start as a fix.....

Slobberdog

Ok just had a reply back from a team pilot for Midland Heli's and Team Robbe Schulter in the UK,

He said he sets up all of his tails to have zero pitch at centre stick, and not the way the manual says.

Just to keep you all posted,

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I'm having the exact same issue with my 450 and 4.0. Left rudder is fine, but right rudder has a HORRIBLE bounce back. I did have to completely reset the model though so I'm starting fresh. Glad you got yours figured out.

Tony

Staff member
I will. Right now, I'm in too much pain to really fly anything. But hopefully later today I will be able to get them out and test it.

treff

Just a word about the 3gx if I may. Do you have to reflash the unit with the latest up date i.e. from 3.1 to 4. I ask because Hopefully I have just brought a used 3gx and am doing all the reading up I can.
Bye the bye, strangely I could only get my computer to except the version 4. The earlier versions would not load reporting 2908 error so I hope this bug is sorted soon lol. Cheers

Slobberdog

I think in the articles section, or on Tony's signature strip there is a 3Gx how to, I would watch those fully and that should give you a good start. And no you don't have to re flash but you need to see what version it's on before you need to think of that.

Slobberdog

Well I don't believe it, had a reply from Align to a message I sent them on Facebook,

The message read

"Go back to 3.1 we are working on a fix, Dino"

Can you believe that, I guess 4.1 will be out soon. LoL

Tony

Staff member
If you want to go back to 3.1, you can. 3.1 sucked big time on my nitro. I wish I were rich...

Slobberdog

Nah Tony I got it ok now, but do need to dull it back down a bit, as its a twitchy little beggar with nowt dialled in.

Although if Mother Nature keeps up with her mood at the moment over here its not gonna get any air time any time soon,

:waa::waa::waa::waa::waa:

Top Bottom