General 3GX Quiet Initialization (Not as Loud as normal?

mooserider

Has anyone ever noticed that sometimes when 3GX initializes the beeps are much quieter than normal? I don't think there's any blinking light on it when this happens, it's just much quieter than normal. I searched all over and couldn't find anything on it. I don't see anything in the book that came with my heli either in the error section (Trex manual has a section on the 3GX). I'm using v3.1 btw.

Believe me, I'm not going crazy, this is happening. It's not the ambient noise making it sound softer, it's literally like the volume on it is turned down.

Thanks all, have a great weekend!

Tony

Staff member
The beeps you are hearing are generated from the ESC and are toned through the motor. If there is any kind of pressure on the magnets, it will not be as loud as it would be if it was free. It's like ringing a bell that is hanging vs holding it in your hand. Trust me, this is completely normal.

mooserider

Wow, I would never have thought of that! But when you explained it, makes total sense. Is there anything you don't know Tony!?

Well, gonna go see if I can get the expo/DR set up on it as you guys suggested last month, so it's not so touchy.

Thanks Tony!

Top Bottom