General 3gx question2

treff

Well I have spent most of the day on the 3gx and the only thing Left is the bin. Another waste of money.
Took a risk in buying S/H from Align and it was a duff one. Lesson learned again. Cheers

treff

Hi Slobberdog. The problem is it does not work LOL. It was only guaranteed to be working when switched on at arrival. The problem is the rudder
section. It will work when setting up, going through it as per Tony's very good videos I can set it up to perfection. Only thing is when
I switch the heli off after setup and back on again the rudder does not work. I have tried every which way but I have come to the conclusion that it does
not work. I am going to send it back to Align for further testing and repair if that is possible. Just one of those things. I'm not to bothered
at the moment because the weather does not permit any outside flying here at the moment so I have lots of time to do complete
rebuild. Cheers

Slobberdog

In your other thread you say about having a zero value in the rudder boxes, can you post up a pic of that screen, maybe it is a simple setup glitch

treff

Cheers for the reply Slobberdog. The zero levels I referred to were just the gyro gain settings so that would not stop the rudder from working.
I think I may have found an answer after 2 days of reading on the net. It seems the g3x needs the gyro to be set to channel 7 and not "gear" as
in a normal gyro. It needs to be set to aux2 i.e. channel 7 for it to work in HH mode. I have not tried this yet but it sounds very feasible so will have another go tomorrow
Thanks for the help. Cheers

treff

Thanks Kev. Took a lot of reading up so I hope this is the problem. Still learning every day LOL. Lets hope the weather improves. Cheers

BAdair

The rudder setup on 3gx took me 2 days and probably 6 tries before I figured mine out.
Not sure of what radio your using, but I have a DX7s and could not find much info on the web for using this radio and the 3gx, I seen plenty on DX8 and they are mostly the same but some features and wording in the setups are a little different.
I have only messed with fly-bared and gyro was always (gear channel 5).

1st. AUX2 Chanel 7 for the tail gyro on the 3gx, I also didn't know what switch to assign this too, seen some say the F-mode switch, and others the Rudder D/R switch, the DX7s has a gyro switch with 3 positions I assigned mine to that switch.

The whole rudder setup has to be done before any gain is set in your radio, it will not work or find center if you have gain already set in the TX,
( ask me how I know this....:disturbed: 6 times...)
I left position 0 on my gyro switch to 0% for this, so I guess this is RM, on fly-bared I never set two different modes I only fly in HH, so the RM in the manual was throwing me for a loop..

After you go through all the rudder setups,
Band
DS/AS
Gyro Nor/Rev
Limit
Size and Delay, Red 450, Green 500+ (never could get my delay to 0 can go to computer and get 10 but when I press set it goes back to 30)
Anti torque face up green, face down red.

power down, set your gain in your radio then if you select a switch with 2 positions leave one at 0% and the 2nd to your gain. when the switch is on the 0% both lights on the 3gx will be red for NR mode, when switched to the one with gain status light will change green for HH mode.

I also noticed that my radio % to the actual gain on the gyro is 6 points off, I had to put 41% to have 35% in the gyro.

Hope this helps.
I'm a newbie, and this drove me nuts. lol

treff

Thanks for the info BAdair thats going to be very helpful. If I get time I am going to have another go at it tomorrow.
The radio I use is a DX8 so I hope I can work it all out before I go Nuts LOL. Cheers

treff

UPDATE..............UPDATE. Using Aux2 in the Radio gyro set up solved the problem. I did not see this mentioned anywhere
in the instructions. So, for those that are going to use the 3gx system from Align make sure your radio is set up correctly
for what you are using, RX plus sat or 2 sats and there is also a difference I believe if you are electric or nitro. It took me 3
days and lots of reading to find this out. Now on wards and upwards. Cheers

Tony

Staff member
If you are ONLY using satellites and the gyro, then yes, the gyro is on Aux2 and the governor is on the gear channel. However, if you are using the gyro, Rx and/or a satellite, then your gyro will be on the gear channel, and the governor is on channel 7, or Aux2. I do believe I hit on this in one of the 3GX videos, just not sure what one.

BAdair

UPDATE..............UPDATE. Using Aux2 in the Radio gyro set up solved the problem. I did not see this mentioned anywhere
in the instructions. So, for those that are going to use the 3gx system from Align make sure your radio is set up correctly
for what you are using, RX plus sat or 2 sats and there is also a difference I believe if you are electric or nitro. It took me 3
days and lots of reading to find this out. Now on wards and upwards. Cheers

Glad you got it working!

I did forget to mention in my previous post that I was using 2 satellite's and not a RX.

Slobberdog

Sorted Treff, now the wait for Mother Nature to give us a frickin break, this wet and windy bull dit of hers is starting to wear thin

treff

Your right there Kev, still it will take me a bit to get this heli sorted. Just measured for zero pitch and its no where near LOL. Time
for a bit of screwing this in and screwing that out LOL. I also brought the Align DFC head conversion kit. Very nice except you do
not get a lot for your money LOL. I do not like the plastic linkage, nightmare to screw onto the rods and look a little on the flimsy
side. First thing to break in a crash LOL. What am I saying this heli will be so stable you will have to drive a coach and horses at it just
to get a bit of a wobble lol. Anyway thanks again for thinking of me and all the help. Cheers

Slobberdog

Hey Treff yeah the ball links would be nice if they were the first to go, might save stuff around it, you will find that it will be so much easier to get set up than a flybarred heli, did you get the DFC shaft as well,

treff

Yes I also Got DFC shaft with the strange stop in the centre and couple of spacing washers which I do not need. There's no play
in the shaft so that's very good. I also made a straight edge to go on top to align the blades which will make things easier so it
wont be long before I'm itching to get out. I must find a new flying site. All my last crashed are the blades just catching the edge of the
curbs on the road edge near the house. I know I should not fly in the road but it is very quiet here except when I catch the curb edge, then you can here
me cussing from a long way away LOL. Cheers

Slobberdog

Lol Treff your supposed to fly above the curbs, go to a football field most are not used in the day, that's what I do for local stuff, but mainly use my 130x there.

BAdair

I know I should not fly in the road but it is very quiet here except when I catch the curb edge, then you can here
me cussing from a long way away LOL. Cheers

haha... oh man that's funny, sounds like something I would do too.
I have yet to make one but I have seen a zero tool for setting 0 pitch on the DFC heads all it is, is a piece of plexiglass about 1"W X 5"L (rough guess at measurements) with holes drilled at correct spacing for the blade grip bolts and the center head bolt. Bolt it to the grips and center and your at level 0 then adjust links, to your swash at center stick.

treff

Hi BAdair that sounds like a great tool. Mine is not that good just a straight edge to eye upon but I will have a look to see if I can see anything on the net that
makes things easier. Cheers.

Top Bottom