FBL Gyro 3gx question...

xokia

So, I heard back from this guy today. He asked what can "we" do about this as the unit is obviously defective. The thing I find interesting is that about a week after he got it from me, he placed it for sale with a 500 kit that is marked now as sold... I'm trying to figure out if he's trying to scam me now. May just be a coincidence, but something doesn't smell right.
I would just tell him if he thinks there is a problem to file a dispute with PayPal. And stop any further communication with him. Use this as a lesson for the future. The nature of this hobby stuff breaks people dont like to eat the costs of their mistakes. I for one can only support my hobby habit not someone else's so I take extra precautions now. Anytime you sell something film it. Film it working,flying, serial numbers and you disconnecting the power. It may seem like a hassle but it only take 5min to do and you never know what they buyer may claim. So if you film it in detail you will likely have video proof showing the one item they are complaining about. Also send the buyer an invoice instead of them just sending you money. You can create default invoice templates. At a minimum in the return policy put no returns.

When I get around to it I intend to put a better disclaimer in the return policy something along the line of "by paying this invoice you acknowledge there is no implied warranty and all goods are sold as is. There is no returns for any items even for claims of the item being defective"

cn63bug

So, does PayPal allow invoice templates then? If they do, I've never noticed it, but I like the sound of it.

Westy

LEGEND
yep i think they do .... just log into your account... click on request money and follow below pics to get you there......
PPal1.jpg
PPal2.png
PPal3.png

PPal1.jpg

PPal2.png

PPal3.png

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I always put no returns on what I sell. Will I give them their money back if it did get damaged in shipping or something? Yes. But it stops asshats like this one from doing what he is doing to you.

Tell him to send it back to you and refund his money that he paid less shipping. Then, test it out yourself and then sell it again to someone you trust. Or, more trustworthy.

cn63bug

Well, the guy is disputing saying that I didn't sell hell what was described and that it is defective. He says that he tried to contact me about it, but I didn't reply back so he wants a refund. I've never had to deal with a dispute before and I'm not sure what exactly goes on with them. I did reply back to his dispute and told him that I did reply back to him. I still have the messages through the other forum where I did. It hasn't escalated to a claim yet, but I'm sure it will

xokia

Well, the guy is disputing saying that I didn't sell hell what was described and that it is defective. He says that he tried to contact me about it, but I didn't reply back so he wants a refund. I've never had to deal with a dispute before and I'm not sure what exactly goes on with them. I did reply back to his dispute and told him that I did reply back to him. I still have the messages through the other forum where I did. It hasn't escalated to a claim yet, but I'm sure it will
I'd stop trying to communicate with him let PayPal deal with it. When he files a dispute PayPal will give you an opportunity to explain your side. At this point what do you have to loose?

cn63bug

I'd stop trying to communicate with him let PayPal deal with it. When he files a dispute PayPal will give you an opportunity to explain your side. At this point what do you have to loose?

Will PayPal give me an opportunity to explain when a claim is filed as well? I know that they take into consideration to what transpires during the dispute, but was wondering if they take arguments after it's a claim.

xokia

Will PayPal give me an opportunity to explain when a claim is filed as well? I know that they take into consideration to what transpires during the dispute, but was wondering if they take arguments after it's a claim.
Yes you will get to explain your side of the story. You can also call paypal directly and explain to them if you feel your statement isnt good enough.

cn63bug

So I have a new question on the 3GX. In the attached pics. the unit is placed on the heli 180 degrees off as in the wires are going towards the front of the helicopter. How would this affect the gyros in relation to them being able to "counter" the swash for it to move in the correct direction?

3gx wrong installation.JPG

photo 3.JPG

Tony

Staff member
It won't affect it at all. As long as the arrow is pointing to the nose or the tail, you should be fine.

make sure your Aileron and elevator correction direction are correct in DIR mode. It's status light 2 and 4. make sure to do all steps though, INCLUDING the governor setup even if you are NOT using a governor.

cn63bug

Thanks Tony. I just wanted to make sure that it was okay. Still having issues with the guy that bought it from me. He sent me the picture you see in my above post saying where it shows the status as good and powered up even though he says it's still defective. He's claiming he injured himself following the instructions given to him for proper setup and because the unit is "defective."

Tony

Staff member
Tell him to go into the flight mode settings and raise the dampening all the way up on elevator and aileron and enable flybar mode. These gyros are unstable on the ground, but once in the air, they are stable as a rock!

In all honesty, I would stop dealing with him. He obviously doesn't want to listen to what you have to say and seems to "know everything" so there is no talking to him anymore.

cn63bug

Oh, he's already escalated to a claim now, so PayPal has closed off communications between us until they reach a decision. Just trying to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak with PayPal. It's not really the issue of refunding him money if that's what is deemed of me to do (It's only $80)... It is the principle of it to me as I knew without a shadow of a doubt that everything was perfect with the unit when I sold and shipped it to him.

Last edited:

xokia

Oh, he's already escalated to a claim now, so PayPal has closed off communications between us until they reach a decision. Just trying to get my "ducks in a row" so to speak with PayPal. It's not really the issue of refunding him money if that's what is deemed of me to do (It's only $80)... It is the principle of it to me as I knew without a shadow of a doubt that everything was perfect with the unit when I sold and shipped it to him.

Your best bet is to call paypal directly and explain the situation. Then maybe send them a video of someone like Burt Kammerer flying one of these heli's so the person on the other end has a clear understanding of what a 3D heli is and what its capable of. It's not a coaxial heli and isn't going to fly itself you need to make sure they fully understand that. These are advanced helis and not intended for the novice pilot which is what it sounds like your buyer is.

cn63bug

Is there a number listed with them that I can call? The only number I found was for customer service number. It said to use their resolution center.

xokia

Is there a number listed with them that I can call? The only number I found was for customer service number. It said to use their resolution center.

Yea I would call the customer service and ask to talk to someone.

Either that or send paypal a detail description along with a link to some video's.
They probably wont spend much time on it so make the video's count.

Top Bottom