General 3gx question

treff

When you have set up the parameters of the 3gx using the computer do you then have to "write" those parameters to the 3gx unit, do you have to press
the "write button" in the software so that they are remembered or does this occur automatically. Thanks in advance and a big, big thank you to
Tony for the series on the 3gx. Cheers. One more question, I down loaded 3gx v4 but is still says v3.1 on the software header is this correct.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yes, you must click Write in order for the program changes to take effect. IT's like creating a Word document. If you don't click Save, you will lose it all.

And you need to scroll all the way to the right to firmware update and update the firmware in the 3GX before it will show 4.0. Hope this helps.

treff

Thanks for the quick reply Tony I'm very grateful. I have worked all that out and just have one more question LOL
I have gone through the setup as in your video got the rudder working in the right direction, etc but when I restart the
helicopter after setup there is no movement of the rudder in HH mode, the blades and slider do not move at all when i
move the heli from left to right. I must be missing something but can not see it. I have the TX set to 100 gain in hh and minus
50 on the others but they donot seem to have any effect. Is there something else I have missed? Cheers

Tony

Staff member
When you are in the rudder setup mode, did you do the correct endpoint adjustments? If you don't set the endpoints, it will think the center stick is the full travel both left and right. Also, make sure to keep pushing that button as you are going through the rudder setup. Make sure to do each step correctly until the gyro reinitializes.

treff

Thanks for the reply Tony. Yes end points all set correctly. Slider at the centre and good movement left and right. Everything works perfectly until
I restart the heli then the rudder in HH does not work but it works fine in the rate mode so I'm at a lose.

Tony

Staff member
Interesting. HH shouldn't have a movement any different to Rate mode. I'm not sure what is going on here.

treff

Well if anyone comes up with an idea please let me know. The unit is a second from Align so I suppose it could be faulty
but I suspect I'm doing something wrong or missing something simple. It all works fine in the setup mode but when I have gone
through all the setting and it re-initializes HH mode does not function. Time for some serious reading LOL. Cheers

treff

I have noticed in the settings box the rudder is set to zero for left and right will this prevent the rudder working in
HH mode. I will have another go over the weekend. Cheers

Top Bottom