FBL Gyro 3gx power issue

jwtplc1

I need help.
i followed the video series on setting up the 3gx on my clone 450.
everything worked. all servos setup correctly and working
however....my 3gx will not power on unless rudder servo is unplugged..
once it powers on i can plug in rudder servo and all is fine....
WHAT AM I MISSING?????
Thanks

jwtplc1

Correction....it will power up as long as I have at least one servo unplugged....doesn't matter which one....but once powered on I can plug servo back up and all is well....is it a low power issue and do I need a stand alone BEC. Currently the one I have is built into the ESC

Smoggie

I'd say you are are probably correct, sounds like the BEC can't supply enough power for all the servos. You could try rapidly moving all the controls and see if it 'browns-out' under load.

What ESC is it?

jwtplc1

It's a no name that came with clone...motor is 4000rpm/v
...if I buy a separate bec for the 3gx do I cut the power wire loose from the esc to throttle channel

Smoggie

Best option might be get a better ESC with decent built in BEC. But a separate BEC would work too.

Yes, If using an external BEC you have to disconnect (don't cut) the red wire on the lead that goes from the ESC to the FBL/receiver. Just pull the pin out of the plug, fold the red wire back and put a bit of heatshrink over. This way you can always re-connect it if you want to at any time (unlike cutting).

murankar

Staff member
If you go separate bec option the castle creation is a great choice. With it comes a coupon for I think $20. It can be used to buy the castle link which will be needed to set it up and update the firmware. Nice Thing is that same link will program a castle esc. Then you get another coupon for some castle gear.

Top Bottom