FBL Gyro 3GX Piro bobble

kywildcats

Hey all. Last weekend I noticed when I do just very basic rudder piro spins while hovering the tail seems to want to "bobble" up and down. (approx 1''-2'' up and down both ways) What setting within the software could assist me to get rid of this issue? The heli still flies great, just when I do basic piro spins while hovering. More annoying than anything. Thanks!

Matt

Ken Jackson

Sounds like just a gain adjustment on your elevator. Shouldn't need to do it in software, just turn the dial. Higher if its a slow bobble and lower if its a fast bobble. Also is your gyro good and secured?

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Video would help if you can post one.

pvolcko

May be cyclic gain. Also check to make sure your mechanical setup is good. The tail isn't pointed down or up at all, is it? The tail shaft should point out perpendicular to the line of the main shaft. Also if your swash is not very near perfectly level at mid stick it can result in bobbles during piros.

kywildcats

Hey all. Fixed the issue. Rear tail rudder needed adjusting. Now the final issue I am having is when I do tail slides or sometimes when I hover the tail will want to drift to the right ever so slowly and I have to put in left rudder to put it back into place. Its getting very annoying, but when I do fast forward flight the tail seems to hold well. Doing tail slides and lite flying circuits im noticing the tail drift to the right. I have tried increasing/decreasing the gyro gain on the TX and it doesnt seem to be helping. I have increased the gain to the point it shakes back and forth then i bring it down till it stops. Any ideas? I haven't tried anything within the actual PC software yet. Just on the TX. Other than this, the 3gx flies great. I'm running V5 firmware.

Top Bottom