3gx help

pj1969

I have just bought another heli and it has a 3gx fitted, i'll be honest I know nothing about this gyro, tony I know your the man, but where can I find the software to go on my laptop?? I've tried the align wed site, but it wont unzip and load properly, am I right in thinking it's the same as my tarot zyx, where I use the software to program the gyro?? I will be watching the video's, but can someone send me a link please to download the software onto my laptop.

Tony

Staff member
I have a complete series under the articles tab on how to set this gyro up. YOu can get to it on the left side of the articles main page.

In there, I have all of the downloads for the various versions of the 3GX software and firmware. Just download it, then install it on your computer. Once on your computer, you can right click it and select "unzip". My files are in a .zip file, not something that has to be done with another program like winzip. I hate winzip and I don't expect all of my members to have to download it, so I go through the trouble of taking it from a .rar to a .zip for you to download.

There are different ways you can do the flight mode settings, either on the gyro or on the computer, but DIR (bypasses the gyros so that you can set swash adn pitch) must be done on teh gyro as must the rudder setup. Again, all of this is in the videos. Let me know if you run into issues, I will do all that I can to help out.

pj1969

yeah I did un zip it mate, even unistalled it twice, just wont open. it did but came up in Chinese lol. will have another go

Tony

Staff member
when you first open up the program, on teh bottom right (or left, can't remember) there is a drop down box to select your language. There should also be a box there to remember that selection. Let me know if I can help out any further. I know I was quite confused when I started all of this on this gyro.

pj1969

just downloaded it again and got to the 3gx page and when I go to open it, I get the main page of the program, but the a dialog box comes up and say "an attempt was made to load program with incorrect format" Strange as I've downloaded the windows one. I hit the English language tab too

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Don't worry about that popup. I used to get that as well and have no idea how I fixed it. But, once you plug the gyro into it and it gets a green USB light on the top right, that popup should go away. Let me know.

Tony

Staff member
No matter what version you download, once you connect yoru gyro to the computer, it will display the version at the top of the software screen. s

Top Bottom