General 3GX Flybarless Head Binding Problem

3DDevil

Hello All,

I recently upgraded my Align Trex 600N heli with a flybarless head setup. I purchased the 3GX to go with the setup.

I have set the heli up mechanically and I am currently getting 12 degs pos pitch and 13 negative. So the head is close to centre. I have gone through the setup of the 3GX and it would appear that I have set everything up OK. I have set the travel limits with the 3GX for aileron and elevator. The main trims are on centre, but I had to add a little sub trim in radio to get everything lined up 90 degs. Thats the only radio setting up I have done with this setup.

So, when I move the stick to full aileron deflection, no binding occurs. When I move the stick to full elevator deflection, no binding occurs.

But when I move the stick to full aileron combined with full elevator deflection the swash plate is binding against the main shaft.

Any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks for any advice.

Bill

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
When you did the DIR setup, did you set up 8 degrees of aileron limit as per the 3GX settings ?

3DDevil

When you did the DIR setup, did you set up 8 degrees of aileron limit as per the 3GX settings ?

Um...?? No?? Well all I did was go into the AIL and ELE setting and move the stick to the full travel and back to centre. Is that what you mean?

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX needs to see exactly 8º of cyclic pitch in DIR mode. You can add more servo movement to it in the Flight mode settings. If you have not watched my videos on the 3GX yet, have a watch. It will help you out a lot. Once you get your DIR setup done, we can help with any questions you have. Also, when you set subtrim, I'm hoping you did it in DIR mode, and not normal gyro mode. If in normal mode, it will mess with the gyro.

Align 3GX Setup Series

3DDevil

Ok I will go through the DIR setup process again. I have just read on Heli Freak that the V4.0 software is just about to be released by Align. So I will probably have to set the heli up again anyway. I'll keep you posted how I go. Oh and I also did use your video's. Very very helpful ..Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Do yourself a favor and hold off on the v4.0. I had a look around in the software, and it's exactly like 3.0/3.1, so there are more than likely major issues. If I can get my other helicopter setup again, I will test it out and post it up on the forum.

Top Bottom