Sold: 3GX FBL controller

xokia

I have a 3GX that I'd like to sell its on my trex 450. It will include the USB adapter and original packaging.
Probably also the CD but the latest software is available for download anyway. It has 3.0 on it currently I can upgrade it for you to 3.1 or you can do it yourself.
$75 shipped conus
I'll ship outside US but you are responsible for shipping fees. And you must stipulate that a shipping receipt is good enough as proof of shipping if it gets lost not my fault. My understanding is that getting tracking info is what drives the cost way up when shipping international. So if you choose thise route its your risk not mine.

If you need pictures let me know but we all know what they look like.

Last edited:

xokia

Reasonable offers?

If you have align trex 450 pro dfc parts, blade 300x parts or 700e parts I might be interested in trades.

Last edited:
How much are they brand new seprately from the kits that now mostly all include them from align anyway? Curious cuz i just purchased a E-Flite Blade 450 3D BNF & they only include a heading hold gyro not as nice as 3gx & even though i really dont know 3d flying yet im the kind that upgrades everything first thanks Tom

Tony

Staff member
The 3GX is a 3 axis gyro to be used on a flybarless (FBL) helicopter. If you put it on a flybar heli, the flybar and the gyro could work against each other resulting in a crash.

And to answer your question, most places will want over $200 for the gyro such as the link below.

Align 3GX Programmable Flybarless System [AGNHEG3GX01] | RC Helicopters - A Main Hobbies

$75 is a GREAT price for the gyro and it's what they sell for all the time used. If I needed a new gyro, I would jump all over this deal!

Thank you Tony. For future reference other than this and obviously removing the flybar what is reqired to go flybarless? Also i see ppl going to dfc direct flight control meanong what exactly arent all of us directly in control for the most part, what else is there to it?

Tony

Staff member
3 axis gyro and a flybarless head, that is all you need. DFC just means that you get rid of the radius arms that drive the swash and replace them by the links that now drive the swash. SAB doesn't use DFC, so that should say something. They dont' use TT either.

xokia

Correct me if I'm wrong here guys you can use the 3gx as just a tail holding gyro. And then upgrade to full flybarless later.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure if you can or not. I have not found a way to disable the aileron and elevator gyros. You can turn them down, but you can't disable them.

xokia

I'm not sure if you can or not. I have not found a way to disable the aileron and elevator gyros. You can turn them down, but you can't disable them.
I was thinking you just don't hook them up to the 3GX at all. Use the data line to connect the reciever to 3GX unit. Same as if you were using just a tail gyro.

xokia

Just a thought if you turned the gain to zero would it turn off the two axis and leave the tail gyro,
Honestly I don't know I'd assume you could hook it up exactly like you would a normal stand alone head holding gyro. Someone that knows this stuff better than me would have to confirm though.

Tony

Staff member
There is a guy that sent me an email that is wanting to buy the gyro. However he is having a hard time getting on here. Send an PM to SPARKY and include your email address. He will get the email of the PM and will also receive your email addy. I'm still working on the issues of the forum.

SPARKY

ill take it, send info on the how to transaction this:eagerness:

- - - Updated - - -

yea sorry toni i am finally able to log on now , thx for forwarding my message

Tony

Staff member
Anything for my members. I was just about to mail him with your number. Glad you were able to make it on.

SPARKY

yea got hurt at work today, have a pic to show butt dont know if i can, tried to go over rules again butt it give me a error 404 not found maybe you can let me now and were if i can, its of my fresh cutt from a 2x4 ceiling fixture that fell from the t-bar and caught me just right with the sheet metal that is razor sharp

xokia

I replied to your email with where to send payment to. I wasn't sure if you were asking how to set up a Paypal or not. If you don't have one then you need to go to PayPal.com and set up an account. Then send payment to the email address I sent to you via email.

Top Bottom