General 3GX cyclic tilt

guyp

I have a take off issue.
I have the 3GX V.5 in a trex 450 Dominator 6s.
The issue i'm having on take off is just as the heli gets real light on the skids the swash tilts to the right resulting in a bit of a hairy take off.
But its fine when its off the ground

murankar

Staff member
Yeah it sounds like your unit has the crash on the ground problem that has plagued that gyro for a while now. For what ever reason the 3GX hates being on the ground. One work around is to get that puppy in the air as quickly as you can. Once you get enough head speed to get airborne do it. Let the head speed finish climbing while in a hover. Not sure what causes it or how to fix it, if it can be fixed. Some people have down graded to 3.# version to get around this problem.

Personally if you got the cash get a new gyro. Thats the best solution I have for you. Some will recommend iKon or beastX, for the money those 2 gyros are probably your best option for the cost. BK Designs is offering the Vortex at 20% through the rchn special link. https://www.bkdesignsllc.com/Articles.asp?ID=264

I have the Vbar Neo, you cant go wrong with it either. I of course spent the kids college money to get the whole setup so think about how much it is worth to you to have a heli fly well.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's if you get one that works. Sorry holtneil, I know that you swear by the K bar but I seen my buddy fight with his k bars for months before he got rid of his K bars "4 total" and got an Ikon. He would of got an AR but he would of need a different radio. I say, "what ever works for you. That's why we all have choices. Just an opinion, not a hater!

murankar

Staff member
I am not going to say don't get the kbar, I own one. But look at all your options. I know once I got the kbar and saw how well it worked I had to have the real deal. I went both feet first. I am so in love with my setup now.

Just to put this out there. Kbars have a tendency to loose there settings if they are not used often . I know of one other person who had that issue along with me. It only happened once.

guyp

Thanks for all your help.
I bought the iKON, it has good rep plus I like the auto level feature it has.

trainrider06

There ya go! Those are excellent FBL controllers also! But be very careful setting the Auto level, if its off when setting it, thats where that heli will go, and it don't have to be off but a bit to make it come flying back at you or into something else.

- - - Updated - - -

That's if you get one that works. Sorry holtneil, I know that you swear by the K bar but I seen my buddy fight with his k bars for months before he got rid of his K bars "4 total" and got an Ikon. He would of got an AR but he would of need a different radio. I say, "what ever works for you. That's why we all have choices. Just an opinion, not a hater!

Oh D.O.G.! you hater!!! LOL Yeah I have heard some have problems with em, but me and Neil so far they have performed flawless! I will just take mine and do a pack hover if I haven't flown it in a while just because I have heard that some will do just as you said after about a month of sitting.....but I only heard 1 guy said that happened to him honestly, but I am a careful sort about things like that...:wink:

OK 3 people LOL just saw what murankar wrote.....:readthethread::thinking::scratchchin::facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom