General 3GX Computer setup.

concodd

Now that all my swash is all set up, Pitch done etc, I have plugged my 3GX into my lap top. It is asking me to turn off swash ring,linkage compensation,swash mix, mixing and Acceleration. does this have to be done before I move on. If so, are these items easy to locate in the TX.

Tony

Staff member
dont' worry about that. You must use swash mix. The other stuff you shouldn't have turned on.

concodd

When I enter the computer stage of this set up, I am pretty sure I will be asked to enter various settings. Now being a novice at this I will want to start at the low end until I get used to flying the 700, so can anyone tell me what figures that I will need to enter, if any at all?

concodd

Disregard the above question, I have done a lot of the 3GX setup with the video's Tony has done. I do have a problem with my tail servo not working. When I removed it from the heli and set it up on the centring tool, it worked good but once reconnected back to the 3GX it did not work again so I left the room before I threw it against the wall. Any ideas??

Admiral

If you are using a Spektrum Tx you need to have the Gyro setup on the AUX2 channel instead of the Gear Channel.

concodd

Have stripped it all down again, and rechecked to see if the tail servo is working, it works fine on the tester, so it would appear that there is no signal going out from the rudder port on the 3GX. Have had this heli since December and am still waiting to get into the air, so I am starting to loose my cool a bit. Your help is much needed now. cheers...

concodd

Yes, Tony, that is not such a stupid idea, I did get some movement after a changed things around, so I will put it all back together tomorrow and see how I go. Thank you for your help.

concodd

I think I have solved the problem, but not sure how to fix it. I connected everything back up and went through all my alignments again right upto the rudder part. But again no movement in the tail servo. So I disconnected it. This time I left the connector cable in the 3GX and plugged the other end into the servo tester and then connected the servo to that. The servo worked perfectly. So the power is there and the cables are connected correctly but the message is not getting from the TX to that servo. Is there something that can be turned off in the TX that maybe not switched on that I do not know about??

Top Bottom