FBL Gyro 3GX 3.0 Nearly ready to Take off.

Westy

LEGEND
Hey all.

Just an update ... and a question for anyone that is familiar with the 3.0 Version of the 3Gx

I have finished the configuration as I understand it after a lot of unclear Chinglish and crossed information .....

One thing concerns me (Puzzles me actually)
Have done all my neutral and levelling setups and all my Gyro and Flight Mode stuff too ... also done my Max Throttle callibration.

However, when I power up and the sats sync up and the 3GX iniitiallises.... and settles down, the Status light stays solid Green .... and also the GOV light STays Solid RED. Is this normal?

P1020997.jpg

P1020997.jpg

Westy

LEGEND
Good Stuff ... Cheers for that. Was just going to go and risk the heli and fly! Been Grounded to long ... am excited to see how it really flies. Hope it was worth the investment. ")

Westy

LEGEND
SUCCESS!!!!! I finally plucked up the courage to trust the electronics and my ability to set it up right haha..... and ... WOW...WOW ...WOW What a difference to FLybarred flying.... all your cyclic correction input is almost gone completely as it nearly flies itself ... just needs a little correction gettin in theair and man is it stable! burnt 3 batts just looking in awe at it hovering in various orientations!

got it on video if anyone wants a look haha

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing is .... when I took it out for test fly...... ahhhhhhhh ha .... I just had one of those aha moments..... I think the Gyro looks for the main battery ESC signal and once it senses that it is all light Green for go!

So now I have a Stable STATUS and GOV light! .... will try it with just the servo battery running and see what happens, If my theory is correct, the GOV light should be Red!..... Standby will test and confirm.

NOPE >>>> That is not it. as it is now Green on the GOV light once it initialises. Maybe it is when it is a fresh set up and it stays red until it senses if it is running a Governor for Nitro or a electric system then sets it in stone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom