700 3D printed gyro mount

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
So .. went out to test the self rescue mode on the IKON on my nitro whiplash .. and it wanted to pull hard left and nose down..

asked on forums, and found out that on nitro's people are having great results using Futaba Foam gyro tape .. or worst case.. using Milton gyro mount mod..

same day I saw a post by a gasser guru here, how he is 3D printing gyro mounts for goblin 700 gassers, and that people having GREAT results with it.. now the issue with Goblin is that the gyro tray is sitting on 4 posts away from the main frame, and the gasser vibes amplify as they travel up posts .. acting like a cantilever. hence the 3D printed mount sits right on the tail boom ..

So got my wheel turning.. I wanted somehting softer than carbon fiber for my whiplash nitro.. so I created these

IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1514.JPG

two thicknesses..

installed the thickest one on the heli .. flight videos to follow.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
it worked.... but not to my liking.

I havent uploaded my videos yet.. I will break the surprise.. the thicker mount was good, but made my controls mushy .. stops werent exact.. the heli would over shoot commands by a tiny bit.. I just wasnt fully impressed.

I had the futaba foam tape and the 3D printed mount.

So for now, I am going back to carbon... with Futaba Foam tape.. I will do some vibe logs on it..

in the mean while, I have noticed people have 3D printed gyro mounts for Synergy 766's as well.. so I am going to see what material and thickness was used for those mounts..

I used PTFE for being higher heat resilient.

Top Bottom