FBL Gyro 380 buddy

neverhappy

Hello everyone. I’m new at programming. I picked a used Sab goblin 380 buddy with an ikon 2. It is setup to use the governor in the castle talon 60. Can someone help through the setup for throttle/governor page. I don’t have to castle link to get into the esc.

Attachments

• D4322845-242E-46CC-B4EB-FABEC577343E.jpeg
    D4322845-242E-46CC-B4EB-FABEC577343E.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 1
  • A13EF9C9-E407-45D0-878C-E5A99E8641CC.jpeg
    A13EF9C9-E407-45D0-878C-E5A99E8641CC.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 1
  • FB78859C-FD6B-49A2-8722-76CEF199CB37.jpeg
    FB78859C-FD6B-49A2-8722-76CEF199CB37.jpeg
    259.2 KB · Views: 1

neverhappy

Well from what I’ve read the talon 60 doesn’t have a signal wire for governor. So I’ll be using the castle to governor’s but what do I do on page 12 in ikon

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
You are essentially setting the throttle end points on that page 12. This is actually good stuff since I always have skipped this step if I were using the Brian/iKON on a electric model. They give you some suggested values for Castle on the left. Sort of like adjusting ESC end points, you first back off the min setting, then bump it up until the motor begins to spin, then back off 2-3 clicks. Then raise the throttle to full and increase the max until the RPM stops climbing. Of course, this is done without any blades on. Since I don't fly any 3D, I would never notice any difference, but I think I will start doing this anyway. We have both learned something. Cheers!

neverhappy

You are essentially setting the throttle end points on that page 12. This is actually good stuff since I always have skipped this step if I were using the Brian/iKON on an electric model. They give you some suggested values for Castle on the left. Sort of like adjusting ESC end points, you first back off the min setting, then bump it up until the motor begins to spin, then back off 2-3 clicks. Then raise the throttle to full and increase the max until the RPM stops climbing. Of course, this is done without any blades on. Since I don't fly any 3D, I would never notice any difference, but I think I will start doing this anyway. We have both learned something. Cheers!
Yes. I’m only a scale pilot. So it’s not important to me. I’m just making sure everything is done correctly before I fly it so there is no surprises

RandyDSok

Being a "scale pilot" has nothing to do with how to setup the model really other than how much negative pitch you may choose to setup for the blades, that only refers to how a model looks and how it is flown. Obviously flying 3D ( if that is all you were referring too ) isn't scale. What fran11784 mention does apply if you are flying scale though and pointing out the similarities of setting the throttle end points is valid for that.

Oh, some funny sarcasm... You are flying a heli, probably the toughest RC model to fly.... There will always be surprises .... :D

RandyDSok

When I was flying... while I never was able to fly 3D... I just flew the way I felt like flying. To me when I had my P51-D up... scale speeds simple looked and felt too slow. If I were rolling it... it was likely a standard roll and not a 4 point or snap roll. I liked how flying lines and curves looked, but that didn't restrict me to just that nor did I restrict myself to trying anything else that sounded like fun. Oh and just to be clear, I never tried to 3D my P51-D, I had several other airframes that were plenty capable of that, it was only the pilot that wasn't capable.

neverhappy

Ok I’ve worked on the 380 all day. Tried set endpoint and it wouldn’t work. So left it alone and went into the ikon2 and worked in the throttle page. Got it set in there. Everything checked out great. Put blades on went outside to maiden it. Throttle wouldn’t work. Everything else would. Came back in. Scratching my head and wondering what was wrong. Went through everything again and contacted previous owner and he kept saying check endpoints. Well finally got endpoints set. And still nothing. Kept at it. It would work with linear curve but not at esc gov settings. So I tried putting low point at 0 and going from there. Well lo and behold that worked. I’ll tell you what. I’m learning a bunch of stuff. And enjoying it too.

Top Bottom