450 360mm Blades

Ken Jackson

I purchased 360mm blades for my 450 PRO DFC. Stock is 325mm. A main hobbies shows that these are compatible with all 450s. Has anyone else used these 360mm blades and if so I'm wondering how much I should drop my head speed to compensate for the additional 70mm of blade length. I mainly bought these because they look really cool.

Ken

danhampson

The 360mm blades are for the 450l it has a longer boom 387mm, the boom on older 450's is 347mm.

Thinking about it the 450l parts could be used to stretch a 450 pro

murankar

Staff member
Yes you can use them but on a stretch 450. Also they are intended more for a 6S setup which will require the upgrade of the esc motor and batteries. Can they work on a 3S setup not really sure. Keep in mind that a bigger blade can increase your amp draw. Just a few things to think of when going with longer blades.

Tony

Staff member
Also remember, if you put these on and go to 6s batteries, you will be lowering your amp draw given the same wattage.

Ken Jackson

According to the write up on A main;

360 mm Blades.jpg

I was told I could lower my head speed with the larger blades and stay with 3s. Obviously I would loose flight time.

Hmmm, any other thoughts???

Ken

360 mm Blades.jpg

murankar

Staff member
According to a main any 3500kv motor will run on a protos mini also.

lower head speed will increase flight time, normally. Keep in mind you may have clearance issues with the tail blades along with enough boom length to help counter the torque.

When going with longer blades your adding extra mass and weight to your kit. The power system needs to be durable and capable of handling the new blades.

You can attempt to fly with your current electrics, Just keep a close on the heat from the esc, motor and battery.

Speaking of which what is your C rating of your packs? If your running 2200 mAh at 25C you will have 55 amps continuously. This maybe an issue.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Ken Jackson

I already checked the tail clearance. Countering the torque may be an issue. I am flying 2200 mAh 45-90C Nano Tech. Good batteries.

Anyway I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks Matthias!

ken

Lee

Just making an observation, guesstimate :)
I'm not sure you are going to see any benefit from these blades on 3S.
The extra length gives more stability, but then you are lowering the HS (less stability), so it seems counter productive.
As for flight times, the extra lift should mean you need less power to fly it, but then its taking more power to turn those blades, again, counter productive.
As said already, these are designed for the 6S set up.
I may (probably) be wrong, so let us know how they go :)

Mda1701d

Hi Ken, just a quick thought, 450 L is also available in 3s version, so should work with yours? Im no expert though, not even flown mine yet! I was drawn to the dominator by the big size for 450, big blades, and insane head speed! But yes, ill be taming it down loads for a start. Cheers, mark

Top Bottom