250 300x motor upgrade?

xokia

Lol the 300x must not be that popular. It's not that bad of a bird really. It flys pretty decent just lacks pop. I did find a website selling "wicked" motors but they are out of stock.

I bought the carry case for this thing. Its larger than the case for my trex 450. I'm not sure what HH was thinking on that one.

Tony

Staff member
You are right, the 300 is not a very popular bird. I think people get them to thrash around, then take the bx off of it and put it on something else. I can't help any since I have never even seen one in person.

xokia

I bought it because it was cheap and had the beastX although I'll probably never rip it off. The thing flys OK but just lack power and punch. It reminds me of a giant MCPX with a good tail. I've been trying to limit myself to just 4-5 helicopters. I have the 130x,trex 250 pro dfc, 300x and 450 pro dfc.

I just recently got rid of the MCPX I'd like to eventually get a 600 or 700 so maybe then I'll bump the 300x off. I wouldn't mind the MCPX BL that's why I leave it open for the 5th one but I wont pay what they are asking for it. So that will have to wait for a significant price drop or I will have to find a good deal on a used one.

Although the 300x is a decent large machine to practice on. Parts are dirt cheap.
decisions.....decisions......lol

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
If you know the kV of the motor you could just find a better motor. There are a number of better motors to give you that pop your looking for. Who knows you might find more joy in it.

xokia

Picked up one of Don's Wicked motors as well as a 33A speed control. It's supposed to wake this thing up. But that was an additional $88. So I have $388 into this thing not counting the batteries or case I bought for it. That is getting pretty close to the price of a new 450 :( ugg.... Well hopefully this wakes it up and I can toss it around and crashes will be cheaper. I predict this thing being sold in the near future though hahaha

xokia

So I have had this Wicked motor in for a while now. For those looking for more power or head speed.........it's really not all that much better than stock. I was a little dissapointed. It does have more torque so the additional power is kinda there. But don't expect it to be significantly better. After talking with the guy that sells these it seems he is a big proponent of running in governor mode. The ESC and motor combo are really designed to run in governor mode and at about 70% throttle. If you run it there it runs like stock but doesnt bog.

Governor mode is entirely new to me as all my helicopter have been align and no governor mode. So it's a little wierd to me. So maybe I am biased just from learning one way then getting introduced to something new. So far I dont like governor mode all that much. Anyway I hope this review helps someone.

Top Bottom