250 300x Lynx frame upgrade

xokia

Upgraded my 300x to lynx frame and tail. Flies perfectly smooth now.

A91AE436-A004-4F80-85EE-0FCB7C1B5B62_zpslzqg8zji.jpg

CD4DE62C-F18B-4316-9D81-EAB0306E0666_zps0hjjskx0.jpg

Last edited:

xokia

Re: Lynx frame upgrade

Also picked up the lynx motor to replace the scorpion. I want to try and run 3800 rpms governed. I'm not sure the batteries can handle it though. We shall see may end up going back to the scorpion. Scorpion is good for3600 governed rpms.

xokia

So I got my lynx motor today and didn't even get to put it through its paces. Had the elevator servo fail on me shortly after take off and it lawn darted :( It did stay in the air long enough for me to see the vibes are back at 3800 rpms. It's coming from the tail grips so I will likely need to replace those.

21DEF7D2-1DB1-41DD-B055-B738DD06380C_zpsz3aagsgd.jpg

xokia

Suckage dude. How did the new frame fair?
Frame is solid. I am going to need new, main shaft,feather shaft, main blade grips,servo,tail boom, blades

Damn thing I usually do a decent preflight check and move the swash up and down a few time which probably would have caught the faulty servo .......maybe. But I was in a hurry to try the motor out and just popped it in the air. Got it out far enough to start tossing it around flicked to idle up1 3600 rpms everything seemed good. Flicked it to idle up 2 3800 rpms got bad vibes. Went back down to 3600 everything was fine then proceeded to do a small pitch pump and that's all she wrote. Servo locked up and full speed into the dirt! Stuck into the soft dirt just like a lawn dart blades first. Crazy thing none of the servo gears stripped.....pfft figures. 2 steps forward one step back with this thing.

The only good thing is I have TONS of parts. I have bought a few of these from people who have given up on the 300x for dirt cheap. I'm determined to make this thing fly nice. With the scorpion it flew so smooth. I just need to get the tail vibes out of it and hopefully the lynx will give it a nice bump in power.

Last edited:

xokia

300x back together and in the air. After adding the lynx tail grips my vibes are finally gone even at 3700 rpms!!!! Anyone chasing vibes I recommend swapping out the tail box and tail grips. The lynx motor is an ok motor not significantly more powerful than the 2213-14 though.

F634D2FE-D938-49CB-9328-BD9104282758_zpsubmeouuy.jpg

xokia

So I have a bunch of flight time on this now and the lynx tail box and tail grips is a worthy upgrade. I was always hunting vibes previously. It would run fine for a while then the vibes would come back. Now they are gone and gone for good!

I will say if you do the lynx tail grip upgrade keep the tail weights from the stock setup and put them on the lynx grips instead of the screws lynx provides. The stock servo performs significantly better with the weights installed.

Top Bottom